Web Application Firewall & Reverse Proxy

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Blue Coat Forums

Nikramak

NikramakJul 11, 2018 09:58 PM

• 1.  Blue Coat Forums

Posted Aug 11, 2017 03:22 AM

How can I access the Blue Coat forums. When I visit https://forums.bluecoat.com/forum i get "Network Error (gateway_error)".

I need to search in older posts. Also many google search results point to Blue Coat forum posts and the links are now non-fuctional.

• 2.  RE: Blue Coat Forums

Posted Aug 11, 2017 11:50 AM

I don't believe it's possible yet. These are the new forums for BC and content is being migrated over.

• 3.  RE: Blue Coat Forums

Posted Aug 28, 2017 10:27 AM

Hello,

Does anyone have any idea of when they migrate all posts from the previous forum? 

I'm looking information and i find links of the previous forum

• 4.  RE: Blue Coat Forums

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 01, 2017 04:14 PM

Hello Fredrik and Nixon. 

Thanks for posting your question regarding the Blue Coat Customer Forums. To answer your question, the old forum threads were not migrated to Symantec Connect due to the high complexity of migrating systems. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused as it sounds as though some key knowledge was lost as a result. 

Please know we are working hard to provide you an enriched experience here on the Symantec Connect Forums and hope you will begin to leverage the community to collaborate and ask questions.  

Thank you, 

Steve Desaulnier
    Online Customer Experience Manager
    Symantec Corporation

• 5.  RE: Blue Coat Forums

Posted Sep 05, 2017 08:34 AM

Hello,

Aravind redirected me here from https://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/new-forum-proxysg

The problem is not the experience with the new forum, but that all the existing content is currently lost. If it's too much work to migrate the postings then at least keep a read-only archive around, which is indexed by search engines. I was already multiple times in the situation that I needed to look up answers but couldn't because the postings have been taken offline. This is very unfortunate, the old forums hosted answers to a lot of uncommon questions and problems which are not covered by the knowledge base.

And if we start to invest a lot of work again into these new forums, who garantuees that in some years someone won't come and shut them down too?

• 6.  RE: Blue Coat Forums

Posted Sep 11, 2017 06:48 AM

Hi All,

I completely agree with fi-da. I was in the situation several times that I wanted to check something and the links I saved to our knowledge base didn't work anymore. Discard all the "old" content is not very professional...

• 7.  RE: Blue Coat Forums

Posted Sep 20, 2017 12:25 AM

I also agree with fi-da and Agnes Kiss.  Between this and the new "Knowledge Base" replacement, my opinion of Blue Coat Support has dropped considerably. This is unfortunate, because for years I have praised Blue Coat in this area as one of their strengths and selling points.  Really missing BTO..

• 8.  RE: Blue Coat Forums

Posted Sep 25, 2017 10:59 AM

As a long-time technology forum moderator (using many different online collaborative tools, some of which pre-date the (r)evolution of the internet to today's WWW), I wish to express my profound disappointment if Symantec cannot appreciate the value in keeping the old forums available, even if only in a text-based format.

Maybe Symantec believes that they can sell "sizzle" instead of "steak" and still be successful, but that just isn't a viable long-term strategy. As a senior IT person, I value knowledge, especially that gained & shared within the customer community. The company that recognizes that will get my vote of confidence every time.

Come on Symantec, do the right thing - make the old forum(s) info available, in some format.

• 9.  RE: Blue Coat Forums

Posted Nov 09, 2017 05:27 AM

Hi Symantec Team,

Kindly make the Bluecoat forum website https://forums.bluecoat.com as read only mode atleast. Missing a lot of key resources from there. Please do something to bring it up/available at the earliest.

Regards,
    Venkatesh G

• 10.  RE: Blue Coat Forums

Posted Nov 10, 2017 12:20 AM

Hi Venkatesh,

I have received confirmation that the forums DB is no longer available. We won't be getting the forums archive. Sad news. Lets try together to make this connect better than the old

• 11.  RE: Blue Coat Forums

Posted Jul 11, 2018 09:58 PM

What happened to the Blue Coat forums?

• 12.  RE: Blue Coat Forums
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 12, 2018 12:11 AM

Hi,

BlueCoat forum was decommissioned and respective products pages were opened in Symantec connect. Olf forum data is not available now.

• 13.  RE: Blue Coat Forums

Posted May 23, 2021 07:11 PM
    I had the same problem, man.