Messaging Gateway

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Customer-specific URL Rules

• 1.  Customer-specific URL Rules

Posted Jan 06, 2022 10:30 AM
    Hi.

How i can perform Customer-specific URL rules before applying the rules in production?

• 2.  RE: Customer-specific URL Rules

Posted Feb 25, 2022 12:14 PM
    Don't waste your time on setting up this feature. That's the most useless feature ever, LoL. I've been using it for more than a year now, and I can assure you that the rules it creates when you submit messages are completely useless: the email you receive and are blocked as spam, will continue to be blocked as spam, despite the submissions you make. Already filed several cases on this, but they say "**** the domain, submission does not work because the email changes in the time, when you write and the recipient answers, it's another email".

• 3.  RE: Customer-specific URL Rules

Posted Feb 25, 2022 12:16 PM

Pay attention.  What smg really needs is bifurcation for inbound / outbound senders / recipients.  That's a feature we all want.  And we need to be able to bypass malware filters at will.

boom

• 4.  RE: Customer-specific URL Rules

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 25, 2022 01:43 PM
    Yes there are limitations:  when you submit something to generate a CSR, it is going to result in a "fuzzy" hash rule (aka a signature based rule, with some latitude).  On the other hand, I would point out that 30% of the customers that are on the 10.7.5 release are currently using the feature and, based on the low number of support cases, appear to be happy with how it is currently implemented.

Not saying it is a panacea or perfect, but that it is worthy of taking a look at to see if it fits your needs.

• 5.  RE: Customer-specific URL Rules

Posted Feb 25, 2022 01:44 PM

Don't worry about that.  We need bifurcation please.

• 6.  RE: Customer-specific URL Rules

Posted Feb 28, 2022 08:34 AM
    @Thomas Anderson ​thanks for trying to explain, but I confirm that, despite many cases I submitted to your support in the past year, since I enabled the feature, and after letting check the config by the support team (confirming it's ok), the feature simply does not work for many messages. Let's say my colleague "A" receives a message in its quarantine, he submits it a as a false positive, then he replies to the message. The remote recipient replies again , and the message is still blocked. So my colleague submits again and so on. Hence it is useless.

Regards,
    Francesco

• 7.  RE: Customer-specific URL Rules

Posted Feb 28, 2022 08:35 AM
    That is so true. I have never gotten it to work either. But it would be nice if it did.

• 8.  RE: Customer-specific URL Rules

Posted Feb 28, 2022 08:36 AM
    It's far away from being a panacea or a perfect solution. I'd call it a little tape for a chainsaw injury.

• 9.  RE: Customer-specific URL Rules

Posted Feb 28, 2022 08:37 AM
    What are u talking about?

• 10.  RE: Customer-specific URL Rules

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 25, 2022 01:16 PM
    To answer your question, let me suggest a general approach to testing new polices:
    - Create a policy group, "test-policy-group" or whatever you name you like.
    - Populate that group with either users who are willing to be your "beta testers" or with mailboxes that you have specifically provisioned for testing purposes (or a combination of the two).
    -  Create or enable the new policy you would like to activate (in your case, you might go to the Email Spam Policies page and look at the pre-built "Customer-specific" policies and see if they fit your needs as is, or need customization"
    -  Once you have the polices the way you want them, enable them for your "test-policy-group"
    - validate that the policies are accomplishing what you intended, tweaking as needed.
    - Once you are happy with the outcome, you can then enable the policies for your "production" policy groups.