Migration UserMay 06, 2010 05:18 AM

Migration User

Migration UserMay 06, 2010 05:23 AM

• 1.  How to enable SEP client Configure settings in Change settings tab

Posted Apr 23, 2010 07:01 AM
    Hi All,

I need assistance from you guys.

SEPM / SERVER Details : -

I installed SEPM RU5 in windows 2008 64bit. We have successful deployed all clients and testing going on.

Problem

I am having local admin rights in my system. So I can able to see Open SEP client àChange settings àConfigure settings (except - NTP) I can able to click and see the configuration in side.

See below screen shot.

If I don’t have admin ID (domain or local) I can’t able to see the settings. See below screen shot

Requirement

Either I am having admin account or not, end user need to click ‘ Change settings ‘ and see what is configured inside. Inside change settings already we locked through SEPM. So no one can change anything insdie 'Configure Settings' .

Please guide me how to enable ‘CHANGE SETTINGS’. Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: How to enable SEP client Configure settings in Change settings tab

Posted Apr 23, 2010 07:10 AM
    open sepm
    click on clients
    click on policies
    click on location specific on right bottom
    expand server control
    make it to mixed
    click on client settings select what ever you like thats it.
    ; you have that enabled.

• 3.  RE: How to enable SEP client Configure settings in Change settings tab

Posted Apr 23, 2010 07:10 AM
    In SEPM go to Clients-->corresponding group---->policies--->location specific settings--->client user interface settings change to client control and see...

• 4.  RE: How to enable SEP client Configure settings in Change settings tab

Posted Apr 23, 2010 07:26 AM

I'hv already checked the same by using client control as well as mixed control.But the configure settings are locked by using a non-admin id.

• 5.  RE: How to enable SEP client Configure settings in Change settings tab

Posted Apr 23, 2010 07:28 AM
    Do you have enough rights to make changes? if not u need to get in touch with them to give u the id which has the access otherwise u can do that.

• 6.  RE: How to enable SEP client Configure settings in Change settings tab

Posted Apr 23, 2010 07:34 AM
    That means the settings are user specific(It is visible to the users which have admin rights otherwise not)

• 7.  RE: How to enable SEP client Configure settings in Change settings tab

Posted Apr 23, 2010 07:35 AM
    I don't think with a non-admin ID you can access these settings..
    Just for testing give full permission for user group for following reg keys
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\AV\] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\AV\ClientUI\] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\AV\ClientUI\ComCatCache\] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\AV\ClientUI\ComCatCache\{5713D82F-7C60-410a-9144-FE4D0329DF7B}

• 8.  RE: How to enable SEP client Configure settings in Change settings tab

Posted Apr 23, 2010 08:05 AM
    I've changed the permission for those reg keys to full control for the user id not having admin rights but the settings are still locked.

• 9.  RE: How to enable SEP client Configure settings in Change settings tab

Posted Apr 23, 2010 09:01 AM
    I dont under stand what you mean by locked? where are you trying ? if its locked i mean the entire locationspecific screen then disable the inheriatance ; as i said limted users dont have much rights/ are u full admin?

• 10.  RE: How to enable SEP client Configure settings in Change settings tab

Posted Apr 23, 2010 09:23 AM
    The Message Showing "Your Administrator has locked this Feature" while clicking on configure settings in change setting page of SEPClient UI.

Requirement is the user can view the settings without modifying those setting irrespective of the user id.

• 11.  RE: How to enable SEP client Configure settings in Change settings tab

Posted Apr 26, 2010 05:40 AM
    Vijay,

With a restricted domain user ID you will get the message"Your administrator has locked this feature" while clicking  on Configure Setting despite of client any client  user interface control setting you have confogured.

• 12.  RE: How to enable SEP client Configure settings in Change settings tab

Posted Apr 28, 2010 07:00 AM

Could any body please send me a link from symantec where it is mentioned that we can not view the settings in SEP Client UI  with a non-admin user id?

• 13.  RE: How to enable SEP client Configure settings in Change settings tab

Posted May 03, 2010 01:20 AM
    Upgrade to RU6a and try.From RU6a Release notes
    Limited admin cannot access the advanced configuration of a read only AV/AS policy
    Fix ID: 1879953
    Symptom: Limited admin cannot access the advanced configuration of a read only AVAS policy
    Solution: Changes to the policy editor UI, to make all information read-only for a limited admin user
    Ref:Release Notes for Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0.x and Symantec Network Access Control 11.0.x

• 14.  RE: How to enable SEP client Configure settings in Change settings tab

Posted May 03, 2010 07:45 AM

Login to SEPM

Go to Clients
    Select your group in question
    Select the Policies tab
    Under Location-specific policies and Settings, click the + sign for Location-specific settings
    Under Client User Interface Control Settings, make sure it's in Server Control and click the link
    Click Customize next to Server control
    Make sure Display the Client is checked and you should then be able to open the interface without getting that message.

• 15.  RE: How to enable SEP client Configure settings in Change settings tab

Posted May 06, 2010 05:18 AM

already selected, but no.

• 16.  RE: How to enable SEP client Configure settings in Change settings tab

Posted May 06, 2010 05:23 AM
    Tried this?