File Share Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Are there trial versions available for Symantec Encryption Desktop?

Posted Nov 07, 2017 06:42 AM

I get the impression its supposed to be possible to download a trial version of the Symantec Encryption Desktop, but that somewhere theres a faulty link.

On this page, there is a link to a free trial, and indications that the free trial is a full version:

https://www.symantec.com/products/endpoint-encryption

When I click on the free 30 day trial, I get here:

https://trial.symantec.com/lp?pid=26-en-us&q=2r.3r.5r.6.7r.9r&cid=70150000000dXEPAA2&inid=us_symc_endpoint-encryption_pdp_to_leadgen_trialware_PID-26_endpoint-encryption

and I fill in my details.

Then I get here, where I am allowed to download the software:

https://symantec.flexnetoperations.com/control/symc/download?element=8213577

BUT - the software requires a product key to work, so I don't actually get to see that it works, and how. Is this intentional? 

• 2.  RE: Are there trial versions available for Symantec Encryption Desktop?

Posted Nov 07, 2017 06:44 AM

And, I also got an email titled "Your Symantec Endpoint Encryption Trial Download" with a product key - only this product key doesn't work. :(

• 3.  RE: Are there trial versions available for Symantec Encryption Desktop?

Posted Nov 07, 2017 08:04 PM

Moved to Endpoint Encryption forum for better visibilty.

• 4.  RE: Are there trial versions available for Symantec Encryption Desktop?

Posted Nov 20, 2017 05:04 PM

Just tried to download trial version of Endpoint Encryption. The download and installation went very smoothly. Then I received an email with the key and there is no place to enter the key. I have 8 files installed in my computer from the download but I am not able to activate the trial. Any thoughts?  

• 5.  RE: Are there trial versions available for Symantec Encryption Desktop?

Posted Nov 23, 2017 07:29 AM

No answers?

I've purchased the PGP Desktop suite ages ago - but now I need to access my files. The software is just not available - not for sale, not for trial, not for nothing! :(

Obviously, the intention from Symantec is for this software to be available for download - but all links and stuff is just not connected together! 

• 6.  RE: Are there trial versions available for Symantec Encryption Desktop?

Posted Nov 23, 2017 07:30 AM

The old activation servers are down, so its not possible to install the old software :(

• 7.  RE: Are there trial versions available for Symantec Encryption Desktop?

Posted Jan 30, 2018 12:15 AM

The "thank you for trying" email sends a temporary product key not for SED, but for SEE.

Mine says, "Thank you for taking the time to evaluate Symantec Endpoint Encryption. Get started, get help and purchase information is included in this e-mail."

thank you email

But it works -- just cut the key in half and copy the latter half of digits only. (They email you a 12-segmented license key, but only use the last 6 segments.) 

successful license validation