Applied OS updates and 7.5 HF2 update yesterday. After update, receiving the following error when attempting to run Script or software install tasks:
An unknown exception was thrown.
System.Exception: SerializedParameterCollection::ToValue(): Unable to get a .NET type named Altiris.TaskManagement.Common.Tokens.TokenDefinitionCollection, Altiris.TaskManagement.Common, Version=7.5.1672.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=99b1e4cc0d03f223 at Altiris.DotNetLib.Collections.SerializedParameterCollection.ToParameterValueCollection() at Altiris.ClientTask.Server.Data.ClientTaskServerExecutionInstance.get_InputParameterValues() at Altiris.ClientTask.Server.Execution.ClientTaskEngineExecutionThread.LoadInputParametersFromTaskInstanceParent() at Altiris.ClientTask.Server.Execution.ClientTaskEngineExecutionThread.Execute() at Altiris.TaskManagement.Common.Execution.Engine.TaskExecutionEngine.ProcessTaskExecuteOperation(TaskInstanceRequest request, TaskEngineExecutionThread thread)
I did look here: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH212593
However, the agent version of the client matches that of the the one applied by HF2, 7.5.1672.
Looks like I need to work on my reading comprehension... http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC7076
If the task server plugin is 7.5.1670 then you need to make sure the policy upgrade is turned on and then it should update fine to 1672.
■ In the Symantec Management Console, click Settings > All Settings. In the
left pane, expand Notification Server > Site Server Settings, and then locate
and turn on the upgrade policies for various site server plug-ins.
If the task server plugin is 7.5.1671 then you not only need to make sure the upgrade policy is turned on but also need to reboot the server OS.
The following are the known issues for this release. If additional information about
an issue is available, the issue has a corresponding article link.
Table 1-8 Known issues for Task Server
Issue Description Article link
If you upgrade a remote task server to a given version, and then N/A
upgrade to a newer version, the second upgrade does not succeed.
For example, this problem appears if you first upgrade a task server to
7.5 HF1, and then to 7.5 HF2.
Restart the remote task server computer after each upgrade.
Thanks a lot burndtjammer! was also getting this issue even though the upgrade rule was turned on. Gonna reboot the task server and see if it fixes my issue
hum... even after a reboot of all site servers, plugins on my site servers are stlll at version 7.5.1671.
The Task Service Upgrade (x64) is enabled but has a count of 0 computers requiring the upgrade
I finally had to clone every single upgrade tasks related to site servers so the Symantec Management Agent site server tasks, Depployment Site Server Components, etc and apply it to Site Server filter instead of Site Servers requiring upgrade. Even after doing a full update to recreate OU's, Filter and Target membership wouldn't change that so I had no other choice than to clone each plugins tasks... anyway, now working and glad I fixed it
There were a couple that i still had issues with. The task said it completed on the agent but the plugin was still from HF1. Ended up having to run the install manually for the 3 or 4 this happened to.