Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

I need to change the name of the server that my Norton 10 clients are configured to.

• 1.  I need to change the name of the server that my Norton 10 clients are configured to.

Posted Jul 30, 2008 09:40 AM

I have a handfull of Norton Antivirus version 10 clients that are managed to the wrong Norton server.  Please tell me that there is a way to just change the name without having to uninstall and re-install the whole client just to get to the manage feature.  I know that there has got to be a registry entry that I could simply change the name in or something.  Thanks for any help in advance.

Zach

• 2.  RE: I need to change the name of the server that my Norton 10 clients are configured to.

Posted Jul 31, 2008 10:32 AM

Hi Zach,

I found a document that should tell you how to move clients from one parent to another in SAV 10 and it's included below.  

Title: 'Moving Symantec Client Security 3.x or Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 10.x clients from one parent server to another'
    Web URL: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2005041111454648 

Thanks,

OJ