ProxySG & Advanced Secure Gateway

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Is this the new Forum for ProxySG?

Migration User

Migration UserJul 13, 2017 11:30 PM

Indra Pramono

Indra PramonoAug 30, 2017 07:55 PM

• 1.  Is this the new Forum for ProxySG?

Posted May 22, 2017 05:12 PM

Since the Blue Coat Forums went Read-Only last night, I'm looking for new place to ask Blue Coat ProxySG questions  Any suggestions?

Harry

• 2.  RE: Is this the new Forum for ProxySG?

Posted May 22, 2017 05:18 PM

If you you filter on the Security forums only, up at the top, I found this forum, which looks to be more specific to ProxySG:

https://www.symantec.com/connect/security/forums/web-application-firewall-reverse-proxy

• 3.  RE: Is this the new Forum for ProxySG?

Posted May 23, 2017 12:52 AM

Hello,

That forum section says Web application Firewall and Reverse Proxy. The ProxySG is a Forward Proxy so that forum isn't the one.

• 4.  RE: Is this the new Forum for ProxySG?

Posted May 23, 2017 07:51 AM

It's the only one with ProxySG in the subtitle. Filter based on 'Security' and have a look through because I don't see anything else.

• 5.  RE: Is this the new Forum for ProxySG?

Posted May 23, 2017 12:52 PM

Hi,

This is the correct sub branch for ProxySG. Under symantec umberlla, there is this name change. You can ask your queries here.

BR

Aravind

• 6.  RE: Is this the new Forum for ProxySG?

Posted Jul 13, 2017 01:29 PM

Aravind!  Good to see a familar name, and glad to know where to post ProxySG questions.  I have a specific question about Kerberos, so I'll start a new thread to track it.

Harry

• 7.  RE: Is this the new Forum for ProxySG?

Posted Jul 13, 2017 11:30 PM

:)

• 8.  RE: Is this the new Forum for ProxySG?

Posted Aug 03, 2017 06:11 AM

Hi Aravind,

How can I access the "old" forum content?

Thanks,

Agnes

• 9.  RE: Is this the new Forum for ProxySG?

Posted Aug 25, 2017 06:35 AM

Hi Agnes,

The old content is not accessible anymore. I am not sure whether it is getting migrated to this forum or not. If it is not, then its lost :(

• 10.  RE: Is this the new Forum for ProxySG?

Posted Aug 30, 2017 07:55 PM

Hi Aravind.

Nice to see you again :)

Regards.

• 11.  RE: Is this the new Forum for ProxySG?

Posted Aug 30, 2017 10:52 PM

Hey Indra,

Glad you could join us here. Trying to make this as active as the old forums were :)

• 12.  RE: Is this the new Forum for ProxySG?

Posted Sep 01, 2017 11:52 AM

We were promised that the content would be either archived or migrated. I was already three times in the situation that I needed to look stuff up in the old forums, but it simply IS NOT THERE ANYMORE. This is unbelievable lame.

We can make this forum as active as the old, but this doesn't bring back the former content and maybe in some years Symantec decides that these forums don't suit their business needs anymore and removes it as well...

• 13.  RE: Is this the new Forum for ProxySG?

Posted Sep 02, 2017 03:29 AM

Hi Fi-da,

Got confirmation that we won't be migrating the old forum to symc connect due to the complexity involved. I too wish if it was possible.

• 14.  RE: Is this the new Forum for ProxySG?

Posted Sep 04, 2017 06:09 AM

The content could at least be made available in a read-only archive. Or dump everything into textfiles and make it available somewhere, as long as it is indexed by search engines this would already help.

I mean people spent countless hours to bring together valueable knowledge, answer both frequent and difficult questions and then all this effort is simply scrapped, erased, kicked away...

• 15.  RE: Is this the new Forum for ProxySG?

Posted Sep 05, 2017 03:40 AM

Hi Fi-da,

Can you help by sharing your concern in the post https://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/blue-coat-forums?list_context_id=104461&list_context_type=sc_forum .