Migration UserJul 27, 2017 11:15 AM

Migration User

Migration UserNov 20, 2017 12:50 PM

• 1.  Touchdown EOL Notice

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 05, 2017 03:48 PM

End of Life Notice

Dear Valued Symantec Customer:

Symantec Corporation hereby informs you that we will be discontinuing the availability of Touchdown by Symantec. This notice details the key dates that may be of importance to you.

Current Product        Replacement

Touchdown by Symantec (iOS)       No Replacement

Touchdown by Symantec (Android)         No Replacement

_____________________________________________________________________________

End of Support:

Symantec Corporation will End of Life (“EOL”) the product(s) identified in this notification including any Maintenance Packs (MPs) and/or patches for each version, in all released languages. Technical support and content updates for customers with current Email-only Support, Basic Maintenance Support or Essential Support will be available according to the dates in the said table.  This notice describes the timelines for the delivery of support services for these products that have reached their EOL.

Touchdown by Symantec (iOS) Version 8.x

Touchdown by Symantec (Android) Version 9.x

End of Life: 3rd October 2016

End of Standard Support: 8rd August, 2017

End of Expanded Support: 8th August, 2018

Technical Support

Symantec Corporation will End of Life the Product(s) identified in this notification including any Maintenance Packs and/or patches for each version, in all released languages. Technical support and content updates for customers with current Maintenance Support will be available according to the dates listed in the table below.  This notice describes the timelines for the delivery of support services for these products that have reached their End of Life.

Note: Symantec Touchdown applications available on Apple app store and Google Play will continue to be available for download by current licensees of the product.

___________________________________________________________________________________

For more information regarding the services provided in Limited Support, and Content Updates, please refer to the Symantec Enterprise Technical Support Policy at the link below or, alternatively, contact your Symantec Account Manager:

http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/support/support_policies.jsp

To receive timely notification on updates and the support lifecycle for your Symantec product please sign up at the following link to receive Symantec Technical Support News Bulletins:

http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/support/news_bulletins/

We would also recommend that you periodically check our website by selecting your product, then release details, for information with respect to End of Life and End of Support Life for your specific Licensed Software.

Symantec is committed to helping our customers achieve success with their Symantec solutions. If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact your Symantec Partner or your Symantec Corporation Account Manager.

Thank you for using Symantec products and services.

Sincerely,

Symantec Corporation

Helpful contact information:

Customer Care and Technical Support:

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/contact-support.html

To learn more about Symantec products:

http://www.symantec.com

• 2.  RE: Touchdown EOL Notice

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 05, 2017 04:32 PM

What this means, in plain terms, is that the decision has been made to End of Life Touchdown, meaning that within a month, it will no longer be for sale. Symantec will be removing the ability to purchase Touchdown in early August, so if you want to purchase any final licenses before then, do so quickly.

• 3.  RE: Touchdown EOL Notice

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 06, 2017 02:24 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the kind words- I'm actually the last remaining member of Nitrodesk still involved with Touchdown, so that means a lot. It's the customers and the amazing community that really put Touchdown on the map, and I am eternally grateful for their support and enthusiasm for the product.

Sadly, we don't have a replacement product. Your license won't be revoked, but we'll be removing Touchdown from the store, and after the End of Support timeline passes, I won't be doing any Touchdown support. (Moving to another product.)

• 4.  RE: Touchdown EOL Notice

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 07, 2017 04:29 AM

This is a sad day. :( I missed the initial EOL notice on the play store.

I've been using Touchdown since 2010, it has been one of the most reliable pieces of software I've ever used. There's never been a problem (for me) other than a few minor hiccups, it's been improved frequently over the years and the response to questions and support has been fantastic especially from the original developers - support from Symantec has also been good since it purchased the product. A big thanks from me to all involved with the product.

Will there be a replacement for Touchdown?

Regards

Bill

• 5.  RE: Touchdown EOL Notice

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2017 06:38 AM

Hi Peter.

Can you confirm how existing users will be able to use the app once it goes EOL?

I assume that the users will have access to the app in the relevant app store and it will be usable if they previously purchased the app?

Can you confirm for me?

Michael

• 6.  RE: Touchdown EOL Notice

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2017 11:37 AM

Hi,

For Android, you won't be able to purchase it, but previous users can still use Touchdown. Before End of Support, you'll be able to get a fresh license key from the support alias if you can provide a google play order number. iOS, I will get back to you on that, there was a discussion on how to provide it to users that I'm waiting to hear back on.

• 7.  RE: Touchdown EOL Notice

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2017 03:14 PM

Update on the timeline:
    End of Product Life (EOL)

End of Product Life (EOL)    7/3/2017
    End of New Sale Availability (EOL)    7/3/2017
    End of Access (EOL+12m)    8/7/2017
    End of Standard Support (EOL+24m) 7/2/2018
    End of Extended Support (EOL+ 48m) No Extension

• 8.  RE: Touchdown EOL Notice

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2017 07:54 PM

Goutham Sukumar - we need you back.

• 9.  RE: Touchdown EOL Notice

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 18, 2017 11:56 AM

In response to some of the feedback I've been hearing, Symantec is not providing a replacement app with similar functionality, although it should be noted that the EoL means that it will no longer be sold- you will still be able to use it, just not buy more licenses.

• 10.  RE: Touchdown EOL Notice

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 25, 2017 10:19 AM

Hi Peter

Do you have an update for the EOL timeframe? Have there been any changes to the timeframe?

Could you clarify this also? The below dates have come and gone?

End of Product Life (EOL)    7/3/2017
    End of New Sale Availability (EOL)    7/3/2017
    End of Access (EOL+12m)    8/7/2017
    End of Standard Support (EOL+24m) 7/2/2018
    End of Extended Support (EOL+ 48m) No Extension

I note that the app is still available on the Play store so it would be great to get a firm date on when it will  no longer be available on the Play store. (except for those who already downloaded it)

Kind regards

MAL

• 11.  RE: Touchdown EOL Notice

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 26, 2017 11:51 AM

The product will be no longer for sale 8/7/17, removed completely 8/7/18.

• 12.  RE: Touchdown EOL Notice

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 27, 2017 11:15 AM

Update on the EoL dates:

Touchdown by Symantec

Versio n

End of Life

End of Standard Support

End of Extended Support / End of Support Life

Touchdown by Symantec

9.x

July 3, 2017

July 2, 2018

July 2, 2018

(android)

Touchdown by Symantec (iOS)

8.x

July 3, 2017

July 2, 2018

July 2, 2018

• 13.  RE: Touchdown EOL Notice

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 31, 2017 07:15 PM

Touchdown was/is one of the two or three apps that made me stick to Android (Locus Map Pro is the other one).

• 14.  RE: Touchdown EOL Notice

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 01, 2017 08:02 AM

I am having a few issues with touchdown HD on a new android devices were it keeps freezing / non-responsive.

how do i report this? I have sent off error reports etc through the phone when prompted.

Please help

Arun

• 15.  RE: Touchdown EOL Notice

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 01, 2017 04:41 PM

Hi,

Email touchdown-support@symantec.com for support and we'll get some logs there.

• 16.  RE: Touchdown EOL Notice