Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Upgrading Symantec Endpoint Protection Trial version to the purchased (normal) version

Posted Apr 20, 2009 06:33 PM
    We are a new client that got the trial version of Symantec Endpoint Protection, install it on bunch of the clients, and then in order to install the purchase version we need to REMOVE EVERYTHING???

Does anybody knows if there are the way to upgrade from trial to normal without this nonsense?

• 2.  RE: Upgrading Symantec Endpoint Protection Trial version to the purchased (normal) version
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 20, 2009 06:58 PM
    As far as I know this is not possible.

There is a section in the knowledge base about it here:
    http://service1.symantec.com/support/ent-security.nsf/854fa02b4f5013678825731a007d06af/908b68f8358604cdc125750d001bbf89?OpenDocument

The trial version is suppose to be for evaluation only. It is very useful to install the trial version on a virtual machine or test machine to see if you like it. We are very sorry, but you do have to uninstall the trial before you can install the full version. If I am wrong on this please someone tell me, but as far as I know you have to uninstall then reinstall.

• 3.  RE: Upgrading Symantec Endpoint Protection Trial version to the purchased (normal) version

Posted Apr 20, 2009 07:23 PM
    Symantec Endpoint Protection trial version should be un-installed inorder to install the full version.

The trial version should be installed on a test environment before applying the full one.

• 4.  RE: Upgrading Symantec Endpoint Protection Trial version to the purchased (normal) version

Posted Apr 20, 2009 11:21 PM
    You will have to remove SEP altogether and then deploy the licensed version.
    Since SEP does not use any SLF ( License file) so there is no way of activating the licensed version.
    In SAV 10 and now in SEP 12 we have again come up with SLF ( Symantec License File) files so you can deploy trial and then activate it.
    Trial version is only for testing not for implementation.

• 5.  RE: Upgrading Symantec Endpoint Protection Trial version to the purchased (normal) version

Posted Apr 21, 2009 12:07 AM
     yeah that is a bit backlog in the product i think, as if somebody by not knowing has installed the trial version in the production environment then it should be a problem to uninstall and then again install the full version. But as of now you can do nothing, you will have to uninstall the trial version and then install the licensed version again....

• 6.  RE: Upgrading Symantec Endpoint Protection Trial version to the purchased (normal) version

Posted Oct 19, 2009 08:41 AM
    What about the clients? Does they also need to be reinstalled?