Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Forgot Admin Password - Console

Posted Jan 13, 2020 12:25 PM

Hi all,

We forgot the admin password to login into the SEP 14 Manager! I tried to change pass with "Forgot your password?" but we not received the email to change the password.

Any ideas to restore my access to SEP manager?

Many Tks!

• 2.  RE: Forgot Admin Password - Console

Posted Jan 14, 2020 02:33 AM

You've done what you need too, but are you sure your email settings are correct? Are you checking the correct email account? Check below:

https://support.symantec.com/us/en/article.howto109665.html

Thanks!

• 3.  RE: Forgot Admin Password - Console

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jan 14, 2020 06:54 AM

If someone has a personal system admin account you can log in go to admin > Administrators > highlight the admin account > change password. 

The forgot password will only work if you have the correct recovery email setup and a mail relay setup in your SEPM to be able to send the mail. 

Check the article below for how to check the email address setup against the admin account
    https://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/sepm-admin-password-reset

• 4.  RE: Forgot Admin Password - Console

Posted Jan 14, 2020 10:24 AM

@craigEV and @GeoGeo

Yes, all the mail settings are correctly! I confirmed that in the folder : Program Files x86 \ Symsntec\ Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\ tomcat\etc   mail.properties file and all the informations are correctly.

But, we don´t receive any email to change the password.

• 5.  RE: Forgot Admin Password - Console

Posted Jan 14, 2020 10:47 AM

Yesterday i called to Symantec technician support and he access my server and help to solve the problem, below i try to explain the solution if someone goes through the same problem:

1- The technician confirmed that all mail information are correct

2- He Tried to click in "I Fogot my password....."  And confirmed no one mail are received

3 - Technician sent to my a link (below) and asked to me to download PAPERCUT.exe 

https://github.com/ChangemakerStudios/Papercut/releases

4- I install the PAPERCUT, when install finished i opened the program and tried again to click in "I Forgot My Password....."

5- In the screen of PAPERCUT i received the mail with a link :"Click the following link to activate this temporary password"

6 - After that I copied the password I received in PAPERCUT program and tried again to access SEP Manager

7 - And i changed the admin password 

8 - Works Fine!!

OBS: Sorry For my English!!

Thanks for all Help!

• 6.  RE: Forgot Admin Password - Console

Posted Oct 11, 2021 10:30 PM
    Just tried this. Successfully changed password using Papercut. Thanks.

• 7.  RE: Forgot Admin Password - Console

Posted Jan 16, 2020 02:28 AM

Thank you for this post.

I have the same porblem, also have email address in mailconf.properties, receive informational email on it from SEPM, but when use "Forgot password" no mails received. I install PAPERCUT on SEPM server, try "forgot password", but any mails received in PAPERCUT

Say please, in your enviroment, in mailconf.properties "mailserver" is  the same server SEPM ?

I post here my mailconf.properties, please compure with your's or could you please post here your mailconf.properties ?

my mailconf.properties

#Thu Jan 16 09:36:11 MSK 2020
    adminMailReciptants=it@mydomain.com
    mailSender=it@mydomain.com
    mailSrvPort=25
    mailPwd={V01}535770FE06B0
    tlsEnable=false
    mailAdmin=it@mydomain.com
    sslEnable=false
    mailServer=mail.mydomain.com

• 8.  RE: Forgot Admin Password - Console

Posted Jun 10, 2022 06:47 AM

Thank you all for this post.

I have the same porblem, also have email address in mailconf.properties, receive informational email on it from SEPM version 14.3.558.0000, but when use "Forgot password" no mails received. I install PAPERCUT on SEPM server, try "forgot password", but any mails received in PAPERCUT

Say please, in your enviroment, in mailconf.properties "mailserver" is  the same server SEPM ?

I post here my mailconf.properties, please compure with your's or could you please post here your mailconf.properties ?

mailPwd={V01}429013AB4F71A1AD294D1661292B9719
    mailSrvPort=587
    mailSender=abcxyz@abc.org.com
    tlsEnable=true
    mailAdmin=abcxyz@abc.org.com
    adminMailReciptants=abcxyz@abc.org.com
    mailServer=outlook.office365.com
    sslEnable=false