ServiceDesk

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

SDM 17.3 and Jasper 6.2 (Unable to connect: Socket open error on pdmweb.exe)

• 1.  SDM 17.3 and Jasper 6.2 (Unable to connect: Socket open error on pdmweb.exe)

Posted Sep 21, 2020 11:47 AM

hello,

recently upgraded SDM to 17.3.... and now in the process of upgrading Jaspersoft (currently at 6.2).  Before upgrading, I was testing if I can pull reports from SDM as it is now 17.3, is there a compatibility issue and/or it's a config that I need to tweak as if I perform a "Test Connection" on the sdm_ds data source in Jasper, I get the following errors:

[DataDirect][OpenAccess SDK JDBC Driver][OpenAccess SDK SQL Engine]Error: RegOpenKeyEx(SOFTWARE\ComputerAssociates\CA Service Desk\WebEngine) Unable to connect: Socket open error on pdmweb.exe - 0 (605)Error: RegOpenKeyEx(SOFTWARE\ComputerAssociates\CA Service Desk\WebEngine) Unable to connect: Socket open error on pdmweb.exe - 0 (605) Show Details

thank you very much.

br

ken

• 2.  RE: SDM 17.3 and Jasper 6.2 (Unable to connect: Socket open error on pdmweb.exe)

Posted Feb 10, 2022 01:54 AM
    Good mornig,
    I have the same problem, I upgraded SDM to 17.3 RU11 and now the Jasper report show the same error.
    I copied the files from the DVD into Jasper path following this document:

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/ca-service-management/17-3/installing/installing-ca-service-management-17-3/installing-common-components-ca-eem-cabi-jasperreports-ca-process-automation/cabi-jasperreports-server-for-ca-service-management/install-and-integrate-cabi-jasperreports-server-r6-4-3-with-ca-service-management.html

but the error always appears.
    Many Thanks.
    Roberto