Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

View Only
  • 1.  Prevent Temp user creation in windows

Posted Feb 28, 2017 06:08 AM

Windows creating temp profile every time when I login to the PC. The pc has more than one user. I am facing this problem in many Windows 10 and Server 2012 PC's. The temp profile creation is not found in every user. But, in most of the cases it is there.

The Windows 10 is the free upgraded version. Initially, the case was less. Now recently the frequency of the error is increased.

Sometimes this will be solved if I log off and log in again. But, after 2-3 days again this repeats.

Installed Antivirus software: Symantec Endpoint Security, Norton Security and in some PCs Windows Defender.

I have also tried by removing all the services from ‘Services.msc’. But, not solved. I was using Windows 8 and 8.1 as Desktop OS previously and same software and hardware were being used in that also. But, this error was not found before.

Tried solutions:

Searched in the internet about the error and found some solutions but none of them worked for me.

1] Contacted Microsoft support and they tried doing disk cleanup of C drive.
    2] Deleted the temp created folder and changed the temp profile created in the registry 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList' .

3] Enabled the "Do not log users on with temporary profiles" in the group policy as mensioned in http://serverfault.com/questions/309692/disable-temporary-user-profile-on-workstations-in-a-windows-2008-env

All the steps done above did not work instead when I did the 3rd solution I got error when logging in saying "User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded." Now when I search for this error I got the same result as above mentioned options in Google.

When the OS creates the temp profile I can see logs written in event viewer, event ids 1502, 1508, 1511, 1515.

How to check that the error is not due to Symantec

My Semantec version is 12.1.6 RU6

• 2.  RE: Prevent Temp user creation in windows

Posted Mar 01, 2017 11:08 PM

Are you really running three different antivirus products? Are you seeing this with only SEP installed?

• 3.  RE: Prevent Temp user creation in windows

Posted Mar 02, 2017 12:28 AM

I am seeing this error with SEP and Nortan antivirus installed PCs

• 4.  RE: Prevent Temp user creation in windows

Posted Mar 02, 2017 07:21 AM

What I'm asking is both SEP and Norton are running on the same computer?

• 5.  RE: Prevent Temp user creation in windows

Posted Mar 03, 2017 04:15 AM

No