Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  I have to restart my browser before I can import an XML file

Posted May 10, 2022 02:04 PM
    Is anyone seeing this? I am using SMP8.6 RU2 on a Windows 2012 Server.
    When going into VIEWS to import a Software Release's XML file nothing happens when I click import.
    I have to restart my browser several times before the import prompt will show up. This used to work on all browser versions and brands, but it stopped working when RU2 was installed.
    Am I not supposed to import XML files or is there a new and better method? This was working and has been working for many years, since SMP 7.1.

• 2.  RE: I have to restart my browser before I can import an XML file

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 11, 2022 01:57 AM
    Hello Tal!

The functionality is quite valid and has not been changed explicitly in any way in the latest release , but I succeeded to reproduce your problem in some way on Chrome 101.0.4951.54 and Edge 42.17134.1098.0 - in my case the "Choose file" does not open Select File dialog . Are you using chrome ?
    Internet Explorer works fine though at this place if it makes any sense for you.

We will fix this issue in 8.6 RU3.

Regards,
    Artur

------------------------------
    Software Engineer 5
    Broadcom Inc.

• 3.  RE: I have to restart my browser before I can import an XML file

Posted May 12, 2022 09:04 AM
    I can reproduce the issue on any browser and on any Windows client OS. But if I RDP into the notification server, the XML import works 99% of the time.

• 4.  RE: I have to restart my browser before I can import an XML file

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 12, 2022 09:25 AM
    Hello Tal !
    >  "nothing happens when I click import"
    Is my understanding correct that in your case  the "Import Item" dialog does not open at all ?
    Regards
    Artur

Software Engineer 5
    Broadcom Inc.

• 5.  RE: I have to restart my browser before I can import an XML file

Posted May 12, 2022 09:42 AM
    Well, there is more to the story. The entire process is buggy now that we upgraded to RU2. I can click Import and the pop-up will not display.
    Sometimes the pop-up will display and when I click Choose File, the pop-up will do nothing or disappear. Sometimes when I click "Choose File" the file explorer will open up and allow me to add the XML file. But I do not get the success prompt. This lets me know that the import was successful.
    Please note that If I close and open my browser enough times the XML import process will work.

• 6.  RE: I have to restart my browser before I can import an XML file

Posted May 12, 2022 10:17 AM
    Just my 2 cents;

Which browser are you using to access altiris console?
    I am unable to import software using firefox.
    It am able to do it with Edge.

Giles

• 7.  RE: I have to restart my browser before I can import an XML file

Posted May 12, 2022 11:38 AM
    IE, Edge, and Chrome. I rarely use Chrome I use Chrome as a last option.

Get Outlook for iOS<https: aka.ms/o0ukef="">

• 8.  RE: I have to restart my browser before I can import an XML file

Posted May 12, 2022 11:58 AM
    Wait, I just spoke with my Altiris QA team, and they noticed the issue a year ago or RU1. They were hoping RU2 would fix the issue because RU2 now supports Chrome. I said all this to say that maybe VPN (GlobalProtect), SEP (new 14.5), or Content Web filter (new netskope) could be causing the issue. We do not have those apps running on the Notification Server.