Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  DLP Agent Warning: Outlook Plugin Tampered

Posted Dec 05, 2010 03:41 AM

Hi,

We have more than 2500 DLP Agent installed in our network out of which around 200 Agents are showing following warning message "Outlook Plugin Tampered" in Agent Overview under system on Console.

Detail Outlook Plugin Tampered
    Category Outlook Plugin Status
    SubCategory Outlook Plugin Tampered
    Extended Value Plugin Disabled

What is causing this warning message? Is there anything I can do to make these Agents healthy without uninstalling and re-installing them again.

We have recently installed SEP (Symantec Endpoint Protection) in our network, can that cause any issue to DLP Agents becuase now we have 2 agents on each machine.

Thanks,

-S

• 2.  RE: DLP Agent Warning: Outlook Plugin Tampered

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 05, 2010 07:53 AM

Firstly, I just want to clearify that the SEP client doesn't conflict with the DLP agent.

But, I suggest you to uninstall the Outlook AV plugin of the SEP client.

And, what version of the Outlook that encounter this issue? According to your description, not all the computers have such issue.

• 3.  RE: DLP Agent Warning: Outlook Plugin Tampered

Posted Dec 14, 2010 06:32 AM

Hi,

We are using Outlook 2003 & 2007 in our network. We have DLP Agents on 2500 machines and approx 200 machines are showing this Warning message: "Outlook Plugin Tampered". I tried to send few Test mails with keywords from one of these machine showing warning message. Incidents are not getting trigerred and going unnoticed.

Please suggest what can be done to resolve these warning message without re-installing agents on these machines.

Cheers!

Shaggi

• 4.  RE: DLP Agent Warning: Outlook Plugin Tampered

Posted Dec 14, 2010 08:31 AM

Hi,

DLP Outlook plug-in is disabled on these machines so try following option to make them enabled.

1) Go to Enforce->Agent Configuration page

2) Disabled outlook monitoring.

3) Make sure that outlook monitoring is disabled.

4) Enabled outlook monitoring.

5) Restart Outlook application on the machine.

To find out root cause we  need system information to check is there any compatibility issues with other thridparty outlook add-ins.

What version of DLP agent you are using?

Not all the agents have  this issue so could you please tell me what other softwares are installed on these machines showing warning message and what version of outlook they are using?

Thanks

Dhananjay