Symantec Management Platform (Notification Server)

View Only
  • 1.  Error 2350 : FDI.Server Error

Posted Feb 06, 2012 07:09 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

We have a package failing to install on most of the machines with error code : 2350 (FDI.Server Error). Has anyone ever received this error?

I googled about it and got very less information on this which also did not helped much. Only thing I could get is the issue is with Windows Installer. But unsure, how would we fix it.

Attached is the error msg for reference.

Any help / suggestions / guidance would be great.

Thanks
    snm1502

• 2.  RE: Error 2350 : FDI.Server Error

Posted Feb 06, 2012 11:27 AM
    msiexec.ex e /i <msiname.msi> /qn /l*v "%temp%\seavus.log"

And see what the log says. Use a tool like Orca to examine the msi file too, that error message loooks like one the MSI package has created, you may be able to find a condition that's failing. Does Seavus use an FDI server the package can't find or hasn't been told where to find?

• 3.  RE: Error 2350 : FDI.Server Error

Posted Feb 08, 2012 01:49 AM

Did you try repairing or reinstalling Windows Installer, if that's what you found online?

I hadn't seen this before, and Google just says it's an .msi or .cab error, such as a missing or corrupt file.  Are you sure all of the files are good?  What's different between this package you just created and how you normally install this application?  Surely a file was left behind, a command line changed, etc.

• 4.  RE: Error 2350 : FDI.Server Error

Posted Feb 09, 2012 01:23 AM

Hi,

Thanks for replies guys...

Log file says data1.cab file is missing... However, cab file is present in the package..

For MSI, I am unsure if that will actually work.. coz there are other msi installs which are running just fine with no errors.

Also, this package is a global distribution and I have almost 50% - 60% machines executed successfully... Few of them are still not run and remaining have failed.. Mostly with error code 1602 / 1603...

Upon investigation : 1602 - User cancels install... Remotely checked on one of the machines... when we get a fail error msg (screenshot in first post), user hit ok / cancel to stop / terminate the install... I feel this is the point where we have 1602 return code...

1603 - Fatal error during install... Not sure for the reason.. but probably could be a part of failure error msg...

Anything else that can be checked???

• 5.  RE: Error 2350 : FDI.Server Error

Posted Feb 09, 2012 06:08 AM

use msiexec /qn, quiet and no user interface.

Compare the log file from a good install with a failed one. Perhaps you are short of disk space so data1.cab is not extracted, but you should be able to see where a good and failed install diverge.

I set most installs to run by Policy, 12:30 daily compliance check. If it's already installed nothing happens, if the user cancelled last time it will try again. Or if it fails.