Messaging Gateway

View Only

Forward specific email another gateway

• 1.  Forward specific email another gateway

Posted May 07, 2020 10:52 AM
    I feel like i am missing something here. We are working on switching from SMG to email security.cloud. I would like to send specific emails to the email security,cloud to help us test and verify our settings. I would like to redirect the messages before smg scans them. 

We have setup another domain (lets call it domain-test.com) and our primary domain is test.com. SMG has a domain setup for test.com. I see in domains you can specify an email address so i tried to specify user@test.com and send it to the email.cloud smarthosts but this does not seem to work. I am guessing because test.com is being processed before the user@test.com. I have tried an alias to say user@test.com  to user@domain-test.com. This mail still goes though smg.

I know i can do a content rule to archive or forward but that is after scanning. It also has other down falls in that it looks for one of the recipients and if it matches  it sends the the message with all the other recipients which can cause problems.

Anyone have/know the right way to achieve this rather then doing a mx change to send all mail?

Thank you in advance. 
    Mike

------------------------------
    IT
    ------------------------------