Email Security.cloud

View Only
  • 1.  Email Safeguard expired licenses

Posted Nov 09, 2020 11:43 AM
    Hi Guys

What happen after the Symantec email safeguard has expired? If the support is expired can the customer buy new licenses without being force to setup the domain from zero?

Kind Regards

------------------------------
    Pre-Sales
    Tech Data

• 2.  RE: Email Safeguard expired licenses

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 10, 2020 05:15 PM
    We are definitely in a state of flux as we migrate across to Broadcom systems, and in the future there will be clear guidelines as to how to renew against an existing account. In the meantime if you try to renew the service and get a new account created you just need to raise a ticket through ClientNet asking for the accounts to be merged and we will do that without any loss of service or the need to change any settings.

Thanks
    Martin

• 3.  RE: Email Safeguard expired licenses

Posted Sep 06, 2021 07:54 PM
    Hi,

We've not been able to get on to the Quarantine portal, and when raising it with support, we've been told that our support has expired, but we have absolutely zero notification

And now our users can't gain access to any quarantined emails

I've been sent a link to this community link, and told they aren't trained to deal with this issue

I've contacted our preferred supplier to look at engaging a new support agreement and re-purchase the product, but we're currently in between a rock and a hard place

Will we have to start again or will we be able to return to the solution as we had it?

But like I've said we had zero notification our account had expired

• 4.  RE: Email Safeguard expired licenses

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2021 12:11 PM
    Hi John,

I can't speak to your specific case as there are no details in your posting, but;
    • There are certainly issues with a lack of notifications when the email service needs renewing, and there are a number of enhancements in that area being planned
    • When your support expires you can regain your support by renewing through your preferred supplier.
    • That should give you access to your previous account but if you receive details of a new account then just raise a ticket on that new account to say that your renewal was processed incorrectly and request that it is merged with the old account 
    If you have any questions about your specific case then please contact me privately with the details of your account.

Thanks
    Martin