Altiris Software Dev Kit (ASDK)

View Only
  • 1.  How to communicate to Altiris through Servicenow

Posted Feb 29, 2016 11:56 PM

Hi All,

Appreciate your help on this,

As I am a Servicenow Developer, And i am looking to integrate the Altiris inventory in servicenow and wants to do the Automation of Software delivery.

Can anyone guide me how altiris communicate with the other tools, do we have to use the API's or any other .

Will wait for some repsonses.

Regards,

Raghu

• 2.  RE: How to communicate to Altiris through Servicenow

Posted Mar 01, 2016 02:33 AM

Hi,

Sure you should look at the Altiris ASDK. The help can be found on the Altiris Server (%programfiles%\Altiris\Altiris ASDK\Help).

In the ASDK help file you find the information about "Creating and using proxy classes". The help file can be found in %programfiles%\Altiris\Altiris ASDK\Help and then open the .chm file. In the help file you find the information under Programming Guides --> C# Web Service Programming Guid --> Creating and Using Proxy Classes...

But it is not neccessary that you use C# you can use and programming / scripting language to call the Altiris webservices.

Another thing to look at is Workflow. You could instead of integrating Altiris into ServiceNow you could do it the other way round that you call the ServiceNow API from Workflow.

Here are some links:

• 3.  RE: How to communicate to Altiris through Servicenow

Posted Mar 22, 2016 01:26 AM

Hi Stefan,

Many thanks for your response,

Sorry for the late reply, i was out of my work for couple weeks.

So for communicating with altiris we need to have some custom script developed in any of the scripting languages and communicate that one through the Webservices.

So in the Altiris also we can have the workflows with the tasks.So that once the altiris receives any info from web services it will finish the tasks (like pushing the softwares) and will communicate with service through web services on completion of the tasks.

Please correct me if iam wrong.

Regards,

Raghu

• 4.  RE: How to communicate to Altiris through Servicenow

Posted Jun 13, 2016 09:08 AM

Yes, for example if you execute a task you get the task instance guid back as a return value. If you create a software package using webservice you get back the package guid of the created software package and so on....

You find some samples also on your Altiris server under %program files%\Altiris\Altiris ASDK\Samples