Network Access Control

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to activate blacklist mode!

Posted Mar 24, 2014 05:01 PM

Hi Guys,

I have a SEPM server running on windows 2012 standard server edition, i have added the following : scm.systemlockdown.blacklist.enabled=1 to the conf.properties file but still the blacklist mode doesn't appear.

Please i need your help to make it appear.

Thanks in advance! 

• 2.  RE: Unable to activate blacklist mode!

Posted Mar 24, 2014 05:06 PM

You need to restart the SEPM service after making the change. Then it should appear.

• 3.  RE: Unable to activate blacklist mode!

Posted Mar 24, 2014 05:12 PM

Hi Brian, thanks for answering; i did restart the SEPM service but it did not appear.

• 4.  RE: Unable to activate blacklist mode!

Posted Mar 24, 2014 06:44 PM

Assuming you followed these directions:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO81099

That should've done it.

What's the SEPM version?

• 5.  RE: Unable to activate blacklist mode!

Posted Mar 24, 2014 11:17 PM

Hi,

Before any changes in conf.properties of SEPM, its a best practice to have a copy and save it in safe location of your desktop.

When editing conf.properties, Stop Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager>Edit conf.properties>Save Changes>Start Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager>Check if it is now working..

Regards,

JM

• 6.  RE: Unable to activate blacklist mode!

Posted Mar 25, 2014 05:02 AM

Hi when i try to save the conf.properties file after edit it prompts to save to another location and in txt file extension.

• 7.  RE: Unable to activate blacklist mode!

Posted Mar 28, 2014 12:19 PM

That sounds like UAC.  I don't mean to state the obvious, but have you tried disabling it?

Or perhaps tried running notepad "as an administrator" before making and saving the changes?