Workflow and ServiceDesk Community

View Only
  • 1.  ServiceDesk Multi-tenancy

Posted Nov 13, 2013 08:18 AM

Hello all,

Is there any multi-tenancy capabilities available in ServiceDesk 7.1? I want to restrict users from viewing other support groups incidents. 

Support engineers can view all incidents created on ServiceDesk. What I need to do, is to allow support engineer to only view tickets assigned to the groups that they are member of. 

What is the best way to perform this.

thanks, 

• 2.  RE: ServiceDesk Multi-tenancy

Posted Nov 13, 2013 03:56 PM

ServiceDesk is not a true multi-tenanted solution sorry.  

You could customise to get SD only showing just the tickets appropriate to each support group but you're always running the risk that a poorly written workflow, report or mistake with permissions could allow one team to see tickets for another.

It really depends on how separated you need your teams and tickets to be.

You'd also want to consider whether any customisations you apply would be able to be implemented in 7.5 as this has core workflows that are not supposed to be modified.

• 3.  RE: ServiceDesk Multi-tenancy

Posted Nov 15, 2013 01:50 AM

Hi Lark, 

What I really want is to separate the two departments from accessing or viewing each others' tickets. As the two departments has different customers and end users.

regards, 

• 4.  RE: ServiceDesk Multi-tenancy

Posted Nov 15, 2013 08:47 AM

While more of pain with the rulesets in 7.1, you could setup something with permissions that would limit the access.