Workflow and ServiceDesk Community

View Only
  • 1.  Where to add additional Status fields for Technicians

Posted Apr 05, 2019 11:26 AM

I have added custom data fields in the SD.Feeder.TechnicianIndicentForms with the help of the Custom Data Methods Training videos.  Which are very detailed, thanks for those videos.  They are a life saver. 

I don't know where to add the custom fields in the SD webparts where the techs can pause the incident and select what the current status is to the ticket with these new status selections:

Not Started

Development

Functional Testing

User Testing

We have an option to put on hold but no way to change the status to why it is pending.

Thanks an advance for you help!

• 2.  RE: Where to add additional Status fields for Technicians

Posted Apr 08, 2019 10:29 AM

Another question, where is the Hold Form in the SD.Feeder.Technican.Form workflow project that is located under Task and Actions web part?  I could add the statuses there, but not finding the form in the workflow to add a drop down box with the selections.  Attaching a screenshot of the Hold Management form.

• 3.  RE: Where to add additional Status fields for Technicians

Posted Apr 09, 2019 06:24 AM

Which version are you using?

In 8+ they added

• SD.Forms.IncidentManagement
    • SD.Forms....

This allowed for customisation of the Processes where as in previous versions this was locked, and only modifyable with permission from Symantec Support.

See Model: Hold Management

• 4.  RE: Where to add additional Status fields for Technicians

Posted Apr 09, 2019 09:09 AM

Hello Alex, 

Thanks for responding.  We have version 7.5.1.  So in 7.5.1, I won't be able to access Hold Management, only in 8 and above?

Maritza

• 5.  RE: Where to add additional Status fields for Technicians

Posted Apr 09, 2019 11:41 AM

Best contact Support and ask for permission to modify, otherwise it won't be supported.

• 6.  RE: Where to add additional Status fields for Technicians

Posted Apr 10, 2019 02:21 PM

Alex,

Before, I created this post, support sent me links to videos and article on customizing SD.  They said they don't do customization, it is out of scope.  Thank you for your help. I may have figure out the last part.

Thanks,

Maritza

• 7.  RE: Where to add additional Status fields for Technicians

Posted Apr 10, 2019 02:53 PM
    You’d have to get Professional Services involved from a Partner, Support don’t do that, it was more would you be covered to get Support if you modify something you shouldn’t. Repair web.config After Opening a Published Project https://atmaworkflow.com/2015/06/12/repair-web-config-after-opening-a-published-project/ There’s ways to do, just make sure to do it in a test environment and take a backup of the original so you can restore it anything goes wrong.

• 8.  RE: Where to add additional Status fields for Technicians

Posted Apr 15, 2019 09:23 AM

Alex,

Thank you, I will look at the link provided.  That's what Support had said, to speak with a Partner for Professional help.  That had said if we would like to try the customization with the links provided or ask for Professional assistance. 

My version is 75.3001.115.

Maritza