Workflow and ServiceDesk Community

View Only
  • 1.  Debug

Posted Jun 14, 2019 10:32 AM

I'm having an issue with one of my workflow that's been working fine for years.  It's actually a fairly simple flow.  It reads data from a database, displays a list the the user, allows the user to select an item from the list and then displays the data.  There's one item from all of them that doesn't display the data.  The path thru the workflow is exactly the same for all of the items.  Now the debug question..  when I run the workflow thru debug it won't display the data as it does in all my other workflows so I can't see where the issue is.  Is there a setting thats needed or not needed that shows responsible for this?

• 2.  RE: Debug

Posted Jun 14, 2019 10:41 AM

When running in debug you can put a breakpoint on the component and see what data it is returning.

When a WF runs in debug it runs as the currently logged in user, does that user have permissions to the db?

Is the read from db done via an INTEGRATION component that uses a SQL query you have written?

---

One option is to run SQL Server Profilier and see what call is being made to the server and see if that should return data.

• 3.  RE: Debug

Posted Jun 14, 2019 11:12 AM

Thank you for the response.  Yes the user does have permission since it can pull other data from the same table.  It is a integration component that I created. As I said this has worked for years.  Recently I didn't move the workflow to a new server. Maybe a little elaboration.  This workflow is a employee status change workflow.  The workflow in question reads a flat table that has all the changes made for a user as far as their status.  The workflow shows a list of the ESCs which includes the status such as new employee, wage change, new manager, location change, separation.  The user can select one of the users and view details about the change.  This works for all the status' except "new employee" .  Strange thing about it is that new employee data comes for the the same table and takes the exact same path thru the workflow.  

• 4.  RE: Debug

Posted Jun 14, 2019 01:44 PM
    SQL profiler it is then Something has either changed or if the query takes parameters then it’s not returning data because the result set returned is empty due to the criteria