Workflow and ServiceDesk Community

View Only
  • 1.  Add Search Ticket Web Part

Posted Oct 04, 2017 09:50 AM

I have been trying to add a web part to the HOME page in the ServiceDesk portal that will allow for a full text search of incidents and do not see where that is available.  I used Search Workflow, however that does not bring up the incident, only the workflow side to it.  Does any one out here know how to do this?  I would be like the Search ID part on the Tickets page, but I would like it to be a full text search.  Thanks

• 2.  RE: Add Search Ticket Web Part

Posted Oct 04, 2017 11:59 AM

Are you wanting the same functionality as the "Search Incidents" on the left hand side of the "Manage Incidents" tab?

• 3.  RE: Add Search Ticket Web Part

Posted Oct 04, 2017 12:48 PM

I received a comment to this via email from a Alex Hedley, however I am not seeing it on the web page.  His comment is shown below.

Add Search Ticket Web Part has 1 new comment

04 Oct 2017 08:58 am AlexHedley replied:

Are you wanting the same functionality as the "Search Incidents" on the left hand side of the "Manage Incidents" tab?

View comment

My answer to this is yes, only I would like to do a full text search, not just a search for ticket number (ProcessID).  If a full text search cannot be done (which it can for workflow) then I would be happy for just the Ticket Number then.

Thank You

• 4.  RE: Add Search Ticket Web Part

Posted Oct 04, 2017 01:23 PM

Site Actions

Edit Page | Add Web Part

Catalog Zone

Search

SearchTextPortalWebPart

Workflow

OpenProcessWebPart

• 5.  RE: Add Search Ticket Web Part

Posted Oct 04, 2017 01:32 PM
    As an alternative ServiceDesk Ticket Search by Number, Title or Description https://www.symantec.com/connect/articles/servicedesk-ticket-search-number-title-or-description

• 6.  RE: Add Search Ticket Web Part

Posted Oct 04, 2017 01:54 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the reply.  When I add a web part and select Search\SearchTextPortalWebPart I see Workflow (and is what I used which did not actually bring back incdents once clicked on) but I am not seeing the OpenProcessWebPart anywhere.  See attached pic

• 7.  RE: Add Search Ticket Web Part

Posted Oct 04, 2017 04:40 PM
    When you choose a WebPart there are a number of different categories. If you select Workflow from the list there should be a list below, what is in that list?