ProxySG & Advanced Secure Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  Proxy ASG management console display

Posted Jun 24, 2020 06:21 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi,

I am trying to access the proxy management console (asg 6.7.4) in web (Internet explorer 11), but it only displays a small portion of the top left panel.see attached screenshot. the java version on my laptop is java version 8 update 251. kindly suggest how it works. 

regards,
    sohail

• 2.  RE: Proxy ASG management console display

Posted Jun 29, 2020 09:12 AM
    Hi Sohail,

while the admin Java UI usually works just fine, I have one customer who has the same issue: his IE shows only a small frame. I did not dig deeper into this, the customer now uses the Java web-start UI. I suppose the issue is related to some IE security setting.

Best regards, Matthias

• 3.  RE: Proxy ASG management console display
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 01, 2020 12:42 PM
    Hello Rashid, 

I have seen this issue in the past , the root cause was always related to either using a corporate laptop that has has to many GPO restrictions disabled Addons or that IE Compatibility mode was set to something else other than default etc.

Steps to try:
    1. Reset IE to Factory Defaults.
    2. Install the latest Updates of IE and Java,
    3. Clear the IE Cache and data (Ctrl+Shif+Delete)
    4. Close all IE sessions and delete the Java Cache (google search can help)

or For IE Compatibility modes:
    1. Add the Proxy to the compatibility mode and enable one feature vs another , restart the browser.
    2. Or take the Proxy out of compatibility mode, restart the browser.

If none of the above works, then that means that your computer has been to much tempered by the corporate policies that preventing you from loading the proxy JAVA Proxy GUI. The issue is not caused by the proxy device.

If nothing else works you can use the Java Launcher option by accessing this URL and input your proxy IP there : https://ProxyIP:8082/Secure/Local/console/r245568/mc.jnlp   , it will download a Java Launcher and allow you to connect to your proxy without the use of a browser but purely trough Java, you will be asked for credentials , input the proxy GUI Credentials.

I hope this helps.

Slava V