ProxySG & Advanced Secure Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  URL Shorteners Category

Posted Jul 20, 2020 03:22 PM
    Hi All,

I was reading in one of the relases for Symantec Broadcom about the newly released Categories in proxy ASG and i found the the below about URL shortener can someone tell me what is the configuration to be done in Proxy  i read on the below statement about choosing to elevate the risk level of a URL originating from a URL Shortner where i can elevate the risk level ?

Allows additional policy options to be applied to URL shorteners. For example, you may choose to elevate the risk level of a URL originating from a URL shortener.

• 2.  RE: URL Shorteners Category
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 20, 2020 04:37 PM
    Hi Ahmed,

The URL Shortener list itself has not been populated in the database. That will happen in Stage 2 or the URL Category and application changes, that has been delayed. More on the update and changes here.  

As far as elevating the threat risk level, there is an action in the Visual Policy Manager called Set Effective Threat Risk Level. You could create a rule with a Request URL Category object as the destination, with the category as URL Shorteners, and the action as Set Effective Threat Risk Level, with the level (0-10) set to whatever you want to elevate the level to.

More on the the Set Effective Threat Risk Level object can be found on page 193 of the Visual Policy Manager Reference.

Thanks!