ProxySG & Advanced Secure Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  Execute Chocolatey.org through proxy fails

Posted Jul 23, 2020 07:35 AM
      |   view attached
    Dears
    When we are installing nodejs and then try to execute  Chocolatey.org , the below error message appears. Kindly advise. 
    -----------------------

Exception calling "DownloadString" with "1" argument(s): "The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure

channel."

At line:1 char:1

+ iex ((New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadString('https://chocolatey.org/in ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], MethodInvocationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : WebException

choco : The term 'choco' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check

the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

At line:1 char:95

+ ... nstall.ps1')); choco upgrade -y python visualstudio2017-workload-vctools; Read-H ...

+                    ~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (choco:String) [], CommandNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Type ENTER to exit:
    ------------------------------------------------

------------------------------
    Jalila
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Execute Chocolatey.org through proxy fails

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 23, 2020 10:41 AM
    Hi ITA ISD,

The error you are getting from your script is "Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel". I would take a packet capture of this behavior, using a filter that would capture both the Client - Proxy connection, and the Proxy - Server connection, and look at where in the TLS handshake things are failing. 

If you are getting a RST immediately after sending the Client Hello, I would recommend making sure that at least one of these listed ciphers are in the Client Hello. If your client is sending a RST after receiving the server certificate, then I would inspect the certificate. It could be that you are SSL decrypting traffic on the ProxySG, and PowerShell doesn't trust the ProxySG certificate. If that is the case, you will need to add the ProxySG certificate to the trusted root store in MMC on your computer.

It could be other things as well, but that would be where I would start.

Thanks!

• 3.  RE: Execute Chocolatey.org through proxy fails

Posted Jul 24, 2020 12:31 PM
    Hi @Jacob
    Thanks for your replay, I will check it out, because I am using TLS interception, do you think it affects ?

• 4.  RE: Execute Chocolatey.org through proxy fails

Posted Jul 24, 2020 12:50 PM
    Dear Jacob
    Whether we disable or enable the TLS interception​, the result is the same!!.
    Your feedback really matters.

Thanks

• 5.  RE: Execute Chocolatey.org through proxy fails

Posted Jul 24, 2020 02:46 AM
    Hi all,

just a guess: Are you using TLS interception on the proxy? In that case your client needs to trust your proxy CA or you have to disable TLS interception for this connection in your policy.

Matthias

• 6.  RE: Execute Chocolatey.org through proxy fails

Posted Jul 24, 2020 12:41 PM
    Hi @Matthias Geiser 
    We already disabeld SSL interception and the same error appears​!!

Thanks