Server Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Windows Monitor Agent RMS fails to upgrade with exit code 1612

Posted Apr 16, 2019 03:37 PM
      |   view attached

I'm having issues getting this plugin to upgrade on my notification server.  It's also has monitoring services installed.  I get exit code 1612 and it fails everytime.  It will not run manually.  I've been working with support but still no resolution.

I recieve the following error when trying to run manually.  This is the only plugin I have had any issues in our 8.5 RU1 environment.

• 2.  RE: Windows Monitor Agent RMS fails to upgrade with exit code 1612

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 17, 2019 12:37 AM

Hi mmathews!

This SMS 8.5 RU1 is just a clean installed or you've upgraded it from 8.5 release to 8.5 RU1 and now get this problem with RMS plug-in upgrade?

Was there changes of install dir location of "Symantec Management Agent"? For example previously you had installdir of SMA like C:\Program FIles\Altiris\, but now you have another install dir location of SMA but it still tries to fine RMS install package from previous location and because of that throws this error 1612, which means that "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it."

As workaround, try on your Notification Server to:

1. open command line 'As Administrator'
    2. cd to "C:\Program Files\Altiris\Notification Server\NSCap\bin\Win64\x64\Monitor Solution Package" (I've specified default install dir, but ensure what install dir of NS you have)
    3. Now when you are there, manually execute this command line msiexec /i Altiris_MonitorAgentPackage_x64.msi /qn RMS=1

Note! Make sure that you have installed Pluggable Protocols Agent on your NS, before trying workaround steps above.

You can mouse double click on "Symantec Management Agent" tray icon and check in list of all currently installed plug-ins there.

Hope it will fix your problem.

Thanks,

IP.

• 3.  RE: Windows Monitor Agent RMS fails to upgrade with exit code 1612

Posted Apr 18, 2019 12:26 PM

That did not resolve the issue.  Any other solutions?  Nothing showing in the logs referencing it failing either.

• 4.  RE: Windows Monitor Agent RMS fails to upgrade with exit code 1612

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 18, 2019 02:10 PM

Did you try to uninstall RMS and then install it back?

Try to uninstall RMS (Monitor Agent) msi using for example 'MyUninstall" tool and then try to install it using cmd line above.

• 5.  RE: Windows Monitor Agent RMS fails to upgrade with exit code 1612

Posted Apr 23, 2019 04:36 PM

No I haven't tried a tool yet.  Do you have a link for the MyUninstall tool?

• 6.  RE: Windows Monitor Agent RMS fails to upgrade with exit code 1612
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 06, 2019 01:42 AM

Sent message.
    1. Run it and via mouse right click menu uninstall "Monitor Agent for Windows package" msi, then try to install newer Monitor Agent msi, using command line above to have RMS plugin.

2. Or mouse double click on "Monitor Agent for Windows package" on pic above, then you will see appeared dialog where you can get command line with its msi GUID and will be able to run this command line MsiExec.exe /X {GUID} to remove Monitor Agent msi package record from server, after this try to install RMS back using command line above in previous comments.

3. From step 2# above, save Monitor Agent msi GUID and:

• Open regedit
    •  Find there: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\
    • Mouse right click on "UserData" -> find -> paste Monitor Agent msi guid -> now it should find this GUID in "InstallProperties" folder

Example of RMS 8.5 RU1:

• Mouse right click on found GUID -> export this data (to be able to restore it back in case of unexpected failures)
    • Mouse right click on found main GUID folder where all Monitor Agent msi data is stored -> delete

Example:

• Now try to install RMS back using cmd line mentioned in above comments.

Hope this will fix a problem with Installer of Monitor Agent msi.

Regards,

IP.