Patch Management Solution

View Only
  • 1.  Run Import Patch Data for Windows Failed

Posted Nov 19, 2019 09:04 PM

Hello all,

I found an issue about Run Import Patch Data for Windows, It failed

Please help me how to resolve this issue.

• 2.  RE: Run Import Patch Data for Windows Failed

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 20, 2019 11:20 AM

Hi Nattapong,

there should be error(s) logged to Altiris Log with the timestamp close to the time when you tried to run the import task - may you share them here?

Thanks,
    Dmitri.

• 3.  RE: Run Import Patch Data for Windows Failed

Posted Nov 21, 2019 02:05 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Dmitri,

Yes sure. Please see attached file.

timestamp run Import patch data for windows Failed: 11/21/2019 13:52

thank you for your kind support.

Attachment(s)

txt
    log_9.txt   142 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: Run Import Patch Data for Windows Failed

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 22, 2019 01:35 AM
    1. Are you able to directly access this URL  http://www.solutionsam.com/imports/7_1/patch/windows/Tools/WindowsPatchData.zip and download .zip file from browser on this Notification Server machine?
    2. Your Notification Server uses proxy? Check this on Notification Server Settings page.
    3. Did you try to? Open Console -> Home -> Patch Management -> go to 'MetaData Import Task' section -> click on (>) Update and re-run PMImport task again.

• 5.  RE: Run Import Patch Data for Windows Failed

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 25, 2019 09:12 AM

Hi Nattapong,

as far as I can see datafeed CABs that contain information about updates and bulletins get download and imported successfully but WindowsPatchData.zip (that contains information about assessment rules and deployment instructions) fails to download.

I would double check that the problem was not intermittent (this may happen if you try to perform import exactly at the time of Akamai cache update with new PMImport build) and also try steps suggested by Igor.