Patch Management Solution

View Only
  • 1.  Patch Email Alerts Stopped

Posted Jan 07, 2019 02:35 PM

Has anyone been getting your "New Software Bulletin Available Summary" emails from your NS after 12/21/18?  I would've thought I'd see one that included APSB19-02 for Adobe Reader which was released on 1/3/19 but haven't gotten any of these emails since the 21st.  APSB19-02 is listed in my console so my system knows it's available.  I can successfully get a message after clicking that "Send test e-mail" button within my SMC so wondering if Symantec is just taking a bit longer to send the patch alert summary emails after the holidays or perhaps my system has somehow stopped sending them if this is the case.

• 2.  RE: Patch Email Alerts Stopped

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 08, 2019 07:50 AM

Hi Clint!

I think you better check execution history of "Send automated Patch report e-mail" task to make sure that it was executed daily by "Daily" schared schedule (or using your custom schedule for this task) and no failures were there (probably mail wasn't sent because of SMTP server problems, etc)

Caption

Also check when MetaData update and PM Import was done.

Regards,

IP.

• 3.  RE: Patch Email Alerts Stopped

Posted Jan 08, 2019 01:15 PM

Hi Igor,

As things would have it, I got a patch alert this morning...go figure.  My Jobs/Tasks indicate that 12/21/18 was indeed the previous one I received so there was a gap until today for whatever reason.  Again, never did get an alert that included the latest Adobe Reader update released on 1/3/19 which is why I started looking into this issue in the first place.  Can you please tell me whether Symantec initiates these automated new patch available alerts or perhaps something went wrong on my server that failed to send this email out?

Also, I thought PM Import was the same as MetaData update.  If not, where do I check on this latter task because my PM Imports have been working daily?  Thanks in advance!

• 4.  RE: Patch Email Alerts Stopped

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 15, 2019 01:10 AM

Hi Clint!

Since you have a daily PM-Import execution, anyway you have a latest updates imported which released date (What was a reason that mails weren't arrive to mailbox from NS, I don't know, there could be different reasons, like SMTP server unavailable, Task Server queue was exceeded by Server side tasks execution so send mail task wasn't able to be successfully executed in exact date/time on NS, etc..)

Just a quick overview about "New Software Bulletin Available Summary"  automatin policy:

This Automation policy sql query gets list of new bulletins which released date is < 24 hours than today's date on NS. You can edit this Query and set another condition, otherwise change current query parameter 'TimeUnit' from hh to dd and change 'TimeValue' from 24 to required value.