Symantec Management Platform (Notification Server)

View Only
  • 1.  Service desk response

Posted May 03, 2020 11:58 PM
    I have raised calls with the service desk as my account transition for the Symantec services we have is still incomplete.

Did others have similar issues when transition occurred ?  How long did it take to resolve and ts this generally accepted performance for the Broadcom service ?

• 2.  RE: Service desk response

Posted May 04, 2020 02:52 AM
    Hello Lynnie,

In our case we had one case opened with Symantec regarding Altiris, and it was very critical and important for us. Supposedly, after we delivered all documentation, guides to replicate the issue, screenshots and some remote sessions,  Symantec was investigating it and they did some advances (they finally concluded that our problem was in fact a bug of the application) and an engineer was working on that. But Broadcom came and then our case disappeared. 

We insisted and insisted but nobody answered us. Then I opened a new case in Broadcom and they answered that maybe the people who was working on our issue left the company and then our case was removed. .... ....

We have had to deliver exactly the same info to Broadcom becuase they were not able to recover it, but this time we had even with more difficulties to explain the issue because, due to COVID crisis the people is working from home and "they dont have secure way to connect to our computers remotely" !!!!!! How that is possible??? One IT company that is one of the leaders on IT Security dont have secure way to connect remotely to our computers????????????????????? Oh my God...

To be honest, my feeling is that Broadcom is leaving Altirtis.. The support is very poor... so we will have to live with this new situation.

• 3.  RE: Service desk response

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 05, 2020 03:13 AM
    Pablo, what was your case exactly? Not sure where Broadcom people cannot connect to in your case, but I'm assure you they can perfectly connect to Broadcom workplace from home and work from home. So what was you case? Maybe we can help you here?

• 4.  RE: Service desk response

Posted May 05, 2020 04:23 AM
    Hello,

Case#31868175. Image attached.

"At this point of time it's quite difficult to arrange a remove session due to security concerns as i'm working from home as all of my peers."