Web Application Firewall & Reverse Proxy

View Only
  • 1.  Getting TeamViewer to work with SEP 14.0 RU1 MP1

Posted Mar 05, 2018 02:31 PM
    I have SEP 14.0 Ru1 MP1 unmanaged. I have the 64bit version installed. I disable SEP and TeamViewer works fine. I turn SEP back on and TeamViewer can no longer go online. I have a rule for allow all for all TeamViewer related applications in the program files (86x) folder (no separate 64bit installer for TeamViewer).. I have this issue on WIndows server 2008 and 2012 r2. I have tried the blanket allow all firewall rule for everything and didn't work. This problem has been intermittent. Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Getting TeamViewer to work with SEP 14.0 RU1 MP1

Posted Mar 05, 2018 04:31 PM

Assuming you followed the steps here:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH203497

...it should narrow it down.

Also, the firewall either block traffic or it doesn't. It won't be intermittent.

Have you tredi just removing the firewall component completely and letting it run like that for a day or two to see if the problem continues? Perhaps another component is causing this. I believe TV uses 443 and by default that shouldn't be blocked.

• 3.  RE: Getting TeamViewer to work with SEP 14.0 RU1 MP1

Posted Mar 06, 2018 04:00 PM

It works again after a reboot but it's on a production server so that isn't always practical.

I don't want to uninstall the fw component for the same reason as well.

I tried the blanket "allow all test" for a few minutes and didn't solve the issue.

Disabling Symantec entirely allowed TeamViewer to work instantly.

• 4.  RE: Getting TeamViewer to work with SEP 14.0 RU1 MP1

Posted Mar 06, 2018 04:02 PM

Disable only the fw component. What's the result?