Web Application Firewall & Reverse Proxy

View Only
  • 1.  Bluecoat commands for web authentication

Posted Aug 19, 2017 12:22 PM

I am really not sure that this is the correct place for posting my question because Bluecoat seems to currently be owned by Symantic. We still use Bluecoat applaince as a web proxy and we are facing several issues in its web GUI (Java applet and browser compatiblity issues). 

We frequenlty need to make certain local IP adresses not be authenticated when they request for web access. This is configurable through the Visual Policy on the GUI, but for the mentioned GUI issues we enabled the telnet access to be able to use command line for such purposes.

The question directly: How (using commands)  to make Bluecoat ignore asking for web authentication when the request comes from a certain local IP like: 10.50.200.20 ?

• 2.  RE: Bluecoat commands for web authentication

Posted Aug 22, 2017 03:10 AM

Hi,

The best for this is to fix the UI issue first as that is never a good state to be. Could you please share the SGOS version and the Java version in your machine ?

• 3.  RE: Bluecoat commands for web authentication

Posted Aug 22, 2017 09:24 AM

Hello Aravind,

It is not only combatibility issues. We frequently access the UI remotely via a very very slow WAN connection (VSAT: bandwidth & latency limitation), which takes much time to download the Java applet. The combatibility issues can be fixed by some workarounds when there is no solution other than it. 

The best is CLI since we can use it fine through our WAN for other stuff than this specific matter. If there are commands or even APIs to write the intended entries to the proxy this will help us.

Regards,

• 4.  RE: Bluecoat commands for web authentication

Posted Aug 22, 2017 09:26 AM

seems there are no commands for such purpose! Hope I am incorrect!

• 5.  RE: Bluecoat commands for web authentication
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 25, 2017 06:33 AM

Hi,

You could use CLI to edit and add the required policy to local file. Refer: https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH241861.html . Please note that, you will have always copy the full local policy file to a text editor > modify > paste it back.