Endpoint Protection Cloud

View Only
  • 1.  Uninstall Symantec.cloud after contract has expired

Posted Apr 19, 2022 02:09 PM
    Hi Everyone,
    I need help to remove the endpoint protection and .cloud applications from our PC's and servers. I do not have the password it is asking for, and no one here at the organization knows what it is as there has been a lot of turnover since Covid in 2020.
    We have moved on to another product and do not have a support contract anymore to get assistance directly from support. I was instructed to come here for help.
    Thank you in advance for any assistance in helping to get this issue resolved.

------------------------------
    Jacobb Sullens
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Uninstall Symantec.cloud after contract has expired

Posted Apr 19, 2022 04:02 PM
    Jacobb,

I was sent here with the same issue...

Lets hope you find a solution fast...

Cheers,

-Nate

• 3.  RE: Uninstall Symantec.cloud after contract has expired

Posted Apr 20, 2022 02:00 PM
    You won't get any help from Broadcom here, they don't monitor these forums or care about their customers.  You can find a tool that will strip the app, search for "Broadcom Cleanwipe" and you will find it

• 4.  RE: Uninstall Symantec.cloud after contract has expired

Posted Apr 20, 2022 09:22 AM
    If you still have access to the Symantec portal, you can push a new 'Client System Policy' to all the clients to remove the need for a password when uninstalling the Endpoints.

If you don't have access, your best option might be to use Symantec CleanWipe tool to completely remove the endpoints. It will uninstall all symantec apps regardless whether it is protected by passwords or not.

• 5.  RE: Uninstall Symantec.cloud after contract has expired

Posted Apr 20, 2022 12:35 PM
    Using CleanWipe worked! Thanks!