Asset Management Suite

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Stockroom items

• 1.  Stockroom items

Posted Aug 19, 2017 10:59 AM

When I receive items and assign them to a stockroom, the stockroom item total just keeps building. How do I manage these totals?

• 2.  RE: Stockroom items

Posted Aug 22, 2017 08:17 AM

If you remove them does the total not decrease?

• 3.  RE: Stockroom items

Posted Aug 22, 2017 02:46 PM

I guess I'm confused at how I'm suppose to remove them. If I open a stockroom, it shows me what I have received. Most of these items usually go right to the user but they are still in the stockroom. Do you have to manually delete the totals or the whole line?

• 4.  RE: Stockroom items

Posted Aug 23, 2017 03:57 AM

What exact process did you follow to assign an asset to a stockroom?

It depends how you have set up your SMP.

You can create Location Resources that map to your physical locations and assign equipment to those locations.

As you say when you get an item it goes to a Stockroom, then when you assign it out to a user just assign it to them and their location.

If you edit a Computer there is a Location and an Asset Owner field you can update, along with the Asset Status.

• 5.  RE: Stockroom items

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Aug 23, 2017 05:12 AM

Hi Debbie,

Information about this process can be found in the Asset Management User Guide. This should give a good explanation of how stock works within ITMS and how to set this up to fit your organisation's process.

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.DOC9302.html

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

• 6.  RE: Stockroom items

Posted Aug 25, 2017 06:09 PM

For example lets say I ordered a powerstrip and it came in.

To assign an item to a stockroom I do the following.

After generating the invoice, in the receiving window I receive it to stockroom 3.

Next - I update the existing resource/add a comsumable to a stockroom

Next - in the Parameters section, I have not been selecting a location or a status but I think I should have been filling this out.

My question  is, if I assign it to a location and status, will it automatically subtract itself from the item count in Stockroom 3?

Also is there a way to change these items, ex. powerstrip, to have the proper location and status?

• 7.  RE: Stockroom items

Posted Sep 06, 2017 02:50 PM

If you accidently received in an item that you had ordered, is there any way of unreceiving the item? Software that I ordered usually comes in the next day and I was told that it had come in, so I received it in. I know that when you Receive In and item, it generates a Receiving Slip, is there any way to undue it?

• 8.  RE: Stockroom items

Posted Sep 07, 2017 03:32 AM

Can you walk us through the exact steps you are doing?

Are you manually creating an Item, a given Resource in "Home | Service and Asset Management | Manage Configuration Items" Picking a Resource Type under a given grouping, Right-Click Create New X then filling in the details and assigning it an Owner, Location etc?

• 9.  RE: Stockroom items

Posted Sep 08, 2017 09:50 AM

Under Procurement

Create a purchase request for an item that I intend to purchase

From that created purchase request, I create a purchase order.

When that item comes in, I find it under purchase order then right click and generate an invoice.

Under Invoice, I find the invoice I just created, right click and select receive items.

Then in that window I select the stockroom, Items should received as, Parameters, then receive all.

After that Receiving process, it automatically generates a receiving slip reference number.

My question is that I received an item prematurely. How can I undue the Received process? I was told a software item had come in and it hadn't, so how can I undo it?

• 10.  RE: Stockroom items

Posted Oct 23, 2017 12:41 PM

This is a new question. I received an item in-stock, lets say it is a lab cart, to be later deployed and it is a consumable that was ordered by a person. Where or under what menu or report? can I go back in and assign this item to their department or person.

• 11.  RE: Stockroom items

Posted Oct 24, 2017 03:19 AM

Home | Service and Asset Management | Manage Config Items

Find you Resource type in the treeview

Right-Click and Edit, then you can amend the properties, there are right-click options too that allow assignment etc.