Asset Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  What Security rights are needed to delete stockrooms?

Posted Mar 25, 2016 02:26 PM

What security rights are needed for someone to delete stockrooms and locations, etc.

By defualt the Asset Manager role does not have these rights and I can't seem to find anything that works to add them, or anything that seems to make sense?

• 2.  RE: What Security rights are needed to delete stockrooms?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 28, 2016 08:35 AM

Hi SonigGT,

If you want to provide "Delete" actions for accounts in "Asset Managers" role, then:

1. Open "Security Role Manager" and choose there "Asset Managers" role
    2. Select "Resources" from "View:" drop-down menu and find there "Stockroom" and "Location".

As example: if you will enable "Delete" permissions for "StockRoom" resources, then you will have this "Delete" option in mouse right click menu

AssetRole_Delete.jpg

Thanks,

IP.

• 3.  RE: What Security rights are needed to delete stockrooms?

Posted Mar 28, 2016 01:51 PM

This makes perfect sense to me; however, I do not have the Stockroom OU available under the default OU and all resources.  We have CMS and Asset Installed, not full ITMS, not sure if that makes a difference, but my list is much smaller then yours shown

I validated just going to manage OU's that I was seeing all OU's under the security manager as well.

OU View.PNG

• 4.  RE: What Security rights are needed to delete stockrooms?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 28, 2016 02:24 PM

But if you will open "Security Role Manager" page right on mouse right click of "Stockroom" and then choose "Asset Managers"? Still nothing especial?

asset_security.jpg

• 5.  RE: What Security rights are needed to delete stockrooms?

Posted Mar 29, 2016 05:43 PM

That worked, with the new forums I can't seem to mark it as a solution though? I can only reply or mark as offensive.

• 6.  RE: What Security rights are needed to delete stockrooms?

Posted Mar 30, 2016 10:32 AM

Hi SonicGT,

You'll be able to mark the solution now - I change the type of thread from "sharing information" to "needs a solution" :-)

Cheers
    Cheryl

• 7.  RE: What Security rights are needed to delete stockrooms?

Posted Mar 30, 2016 10:33 AM

I can mark it. Igor's 2nd post is the winner?

• 8.  RE: What Security rights are needed to delete stockrooms?

Posted Mar 30, 2016 10:33 AM

aaaaaand nevermind :)

• 9.  RE: What Security rights are needed to delete stockrooms?

Posted Mar 30, 2016 02:09 PM

Thanks, yeah I'm still getting used to the new format of the site.  Personally I liked it better before :)