Asset Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Deleting Location OU's

Posted Mar 29, 2016 05:47 PM

We had someone previously import locations using connector solution, with this they used a spreadsheet which got outdated and our location codes/names changed.

I changed the import to be from our main source which is LDAP and was able to import the locations, and go to the location part of asset and delete all the invalid ones; however, the OU's still remain for all the old ones and right clicking on them they do not appear to be deletable?  Is there a different location in the console I need to go to delete the OU's under assets by location?

• 2.  RE: Deleting Location OU's

Posted Mar 29, 2016 05:50 PM

Actually shortly after I deleted this it appears I was able to find the right spot I believe, but some didn't delete, not sure why.

Also it didn't appear to create OU's when I did the connector import of locations, 

• 3.  RE: Deleting Location OU's
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 30, 2016 05:49 AM

Manage | Jobs and Tasks

System Jobs and Tasks

Service and Asset Management

CMDB

Update Organisational Hierarchy

• 4.  RE: Deleting Location OU's

Posted Mar 30, 2016 02:41 PM

For some reason this is erroring on me, and in the logs it looks like it is adding pc's and creating them but they do not appear in the console at all

• 5.  RE: Deleting Location OU's

Posted Mar 31, 2016 04:05 AM

What error are you getting?

Are they showing in Home | Service and Asset Management | Manage Configuration Items
    Computers and Peripherals | Computer

• 6.  RE: Deleting Location OU's

Posted Mar 31, 2016 10:36 AM

Yes they are, and it appears like it is performing most things it should.  I wound up opening a ticket with support since it appears its failing due to some OU/Locations that no longer exist but are unable to be deleted because they somehow have references.  So waiting for a solution from them

So I believe your solution is what I needed, but there is just some crazyness in my database