Management Center and Reporting

View Only
  • 1.  SMC proxysg rest api integration

Posted Apr 13, 2020 02:08 PM

We have smc which manage more than one proxysg. We want to write script which will add rule to Waccl to block malicious url on all proxysg appliances.

Should we use smc api to do that ,or we should use proxysg api (if exists) then replicate changes to all appliances ,or this is not possible ?

Any help appreciated. :)

• 2.  RE: SMC proxysg rest api integration
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 14, 2020 03:32 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi Abdo

the proxy doesnt' have an API.
    MC does so you can use that to create the policy and then push out to the proxies or you can manually do it from within MC

an other alternative is to use a local database (this can be stored in MC) and have a rule reference the urls in the local database, that way all you need to do is add the urls to the local database, no need to push out policy as the rule is already there,,,

I've attached a doc that out lines the process, it's old but still works

• 3.  RE: SMC proxysg rest api integration

Posted Apr 14, 2020 03:56 AM
    Hi Paul

Thank you for your response. I reviewed the document you attached but have a question just to confirm. If i add urls to category block-site in the txt file , should this block the url automatically without need to do all this steps again?

Regards,

• 4.  RE: SMC proxysg rest api integration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 14, 2020 04:09 AM
    Hi Abdo

once the rule is created to use the local database all you need to do is add (or remove) URLs from the local database, nothing else is needed, the proxy will read the local database to see if the url matches or not.

• 5.  RE: SMC proxysg rest api integration

Posted Apr 14, 2020 05:10 AM
    Hi Paul

Thanks again for your quick response, I have another question please . If i tried to use the first solution to create policy and push it. May i create one policy and update it every time i need to block another url ?  
    If  this applicable kindly share with me the policy content syntax to block url.

Regards

• 6.  RE: SMC proxysg rest api integration
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 14, 2020 07:44 AM
    Hi Adbo

if you place urls within the policy you will need to push the policy out every time you add a new URL, that is why we recommend the use of something like the local database as it allows you to create the policy once, then it i just the local db that needs to be updated and all proxies will receive the change (assuming they are configured to use the local db)

note the local database can be a text file on a web server or it can be hosted on MC either as a text file or as a shared object.

• 7.  RE: SMC proxysg rest api integration

Posted Apr 14, 2020 01:42 PM
    Dear Paul

I really appreciate your support , Thanks