Network Forensics & Security Analytics

View Only
  • 1.  April Support Tips

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 20, 2020 05:53 PM
    • With the transition to Broadcom including the migration of certain backend services, we've had to make changes to the underlying licensing system.  Although these changes should be transparent to the end user and should not impact appliances already licensed, it is important to reach out to support right away.  These issues could range from a message saying that there are no more licenses available or entering the license key and the system not returning any information at all.  If you do need support assistance, please have the following items ready to send to attach to the case to help expedite the process
      • The 16-digit license key you are trying to use
      • A copy of the DSSEED.tgz file (downloadable from the licensing details page in the GUI)
    • The Security Analytics team works hard to make sure our product documentation is accurate and easy to follow.  More often than not, your question may already be answered in the product documentation.  For the latest documentation please visit the following link:  Security Analytics - 8.1
    • Security Analytics 8.1.2 was recently released to the public on April 14th.  The release notes can be found at the documentation website. 
    • The quickest and easiest way to get support for your Security Analytics product is to go to the Broadcom customer portal (https://support.broadcom.com/enterprise-software) and click the "Case Management" icon. 

------------------------------
    Kevin Fenn
    Strategic Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 2.  RE: April Support Tips

Posted Apr 22, 2020 12:59 PM
    Thank you.

When the product update gets released, can email notifications be sent out to inform us? If it could include the new changes or features would also be nice.

I've tried to download 8.1.2 from our CMC and it always seems to fail. The download speeds I'm seeing are less than 100KB/s. Is anyone else having an issue?

• 3.  RE: April Support Tips

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 22, 2020 04:24 PM
    Steven, we've been trying to have more proactive notification of new releases for years, but it's proven to be more difficult to actually implement.  Before Broadcom, Symantec used to have a way to subscribe to documentation updates, but that doesn't seem to be available anymore unfortunately.  As for the new changes and features, we always post the release notes for the new versions on the documentation site, but you can also access these via the GUI when you go to the Settings > Upgrade page and check for updates.  If an update is available, there is a button right there that you can click that will also direct you to the release notes.

We're monitoring the download speeds for the 8.1.2 release.  Download speeds seem to be a bit sporadic.  On average, it should only take about 10-15 minutes to download the image.  100KB/s is awful!  In some of my limited testing, I've seen it a little better (in the 500KB/s range), but still very slow.  If anyone else in this community is having slow download speeds, please let us know so that we can get back to our provider and find out what could be causing it.

Broadcom

• 4.  RE: April Support Tips

Posted Apr 23, 2020 08:10 AM
    Kevin,

I am able to subscribe to the proactive notifications from broadcom, of which is typically just CVE related items that Security Analytics had longed fixed. I would think that pulling the emails related to the site id for a option to opt-in to simlair updates from just Security Analytics may be a good option.

I'll try the download in a few days again, no better results here. Do you think a weekly check-in for the appliances, or at least CMCs, could automatically notify when there is an update and prompt for download/install?

On another topic, do you guys have a roadmap for features and/or hardware? We will be looking at upgrading/refreshing our deployment soon.

• 5.  RE: April Support Tips

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 23, 2020 11:16 AM
    @Steven Oliver, I'll check back with engineering to see if they have anything in the works for better updates for new versions and pass along some of your ideas.  As for roadmap details, I'll have to defer to our product manager.  Let me check with him and see if there's something we can share. ​

Broadcom