Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Ports/Protocols Needed to configure one-way push of virus definition updates

• 1.  Ports/Protocols Needed to configure one-way push of virus definition updates

Posted Jul 24, 2021 09:06 PM
    I'm brand new to SEPM.  I need help determining the ports/protocols needed to configure a one-way push from a SEPM server that has access to update definitions from Symantec to an isolated, critical environment SEPM server.  The critical environment SEPM is already configured to push out updates to critical environment hosts.

I've been doing the update definitions manually in the critical environment, but trying to figure out a more efficient way of pushing definition updates from one SEPM to another.

Does anyone have experience with this type of scenario?  Any idea how to configure this?  

Thanks much!

• 2.  RE: Ports/Protocols Needed to configure one-way push of virus definition updates

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 26, 2021 07:57 PM
    The only ways to push definitions from one SEPM to another are:
    Have the second SEPM set up as a second manager in the same site. (Both SEPMs connected to the same database)
    Or set up replication between the two sites and replicate content.

Thanks,

Joe Brown

CompTIA Sec+, SCS, KCS

Designated Support Engineer | Symantec division of Broadcom

office (Primary): 408-501-8066  | mobile (Secondary): 541-232-0212

joe.brown@broadcom.com   | broadcom.com

Office Hours 6:00 - 3:00 Pacific time

24x7 line #800-225-5224

This electronic communication and the information and any files transmitted with it, or attached to it, are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, legally privileged, protected by privacy laws, or otherwise restricted from disclosure to anyone else. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, copying, distributing, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please return the e-mail to the sender, delete it from your computer, and destroy any printed copy of it.