Endpoint Protection

View Only

Broadcom SES onboarding confusion

• 1.  Broadcom SES onboarding confusion

Posted Aug 06, 2020 11:13 AM
    I had written a page-sized account of all the issues I've been seeing with onboarding my customers to Broadcom for SES and decided what's the point.  It makes me seem like i"m just complaining and that solves nothing usually.  

But here's a brief list of issues that if anybody at Broadcom can take to management to consider, well here we go: 

The OPROD1 : Broadcom Software delivery for Contract # emails a customer gets after ordering licensing contain steps in them about registering with Broadcom.  NONE of these steps are what actually happens.  I don't care to get into specifics, but the fact that I have pushed several customers accounts through this process and yet the initial emails never change, shows me that nobody is quality checking the onboarding emails.  Further, this means there isn't anybody quality checking the overall onboarding process, because missing the steps in the very first emails a customer gets is a sign that there isn't anybody taking regular review of the end to end process.  

Lately, for reasons I can't understand, a couple of my recent customers are getting additional Welcome to Cyber Defense emails, with the Get Started links.  These are customers that already have access to the ICDm console established a day or more prior.  The links therein point to oktapreview.com and not the proper okta auth page.  Further, in one case, I didn't see the welcome email until 24 hours or more later, so when I did click the link to see where it led, it said the registration token had expired.  In these cases you usually get link to regenerate an email.  There was, but instead of an auto-generated email, it gave me a manual ticket logging option with Issue Type drop-downs etc., that were not directly related to regenerating an email.  Implying my request would land in a generic human-monitored helpdesk, which would take hours to get a reply, and a reasonable chance the newbie just hired there won't have a clue what's going on, when factoring in how this email started off via the wrong URL (oktapreview.com), and was generated for a customer that already has access to the ICDm.  So, I have not proceeded through with any of this.  

I guess this turned into a bit of an unloading after all but anyway, somebody really needs to review the end to end onboarding experience and desmonstrate some effort to make it accurate and functional.