Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Error on M1 install

Posted Sep 09, 2021 10:25 AM
    My SEPM is ver 14.3 RU2.
    That's got a Mac installer exported with 14.3 RU2 build 4625 from June 2021.  I tried exporting a fresh copy but the result is the same.

I was given an M1 mac to prep.  That's on Big Sur 11.5.2, all updated for OS updates.

I'm getting an install erorr.  "Installation Failed  Your installer is not working properly.  Please contact Support." on the install help part to first start installing SEP.  For that install I copied the .zip file, unzipped it on the local mac, and ran it like any other SEP install.  That asks for admin rights which I ok'd on the initial install helper part.  There's nothing in the security/privacy settings to allow SEP.  That usually comes up at the end.

I did try the previous installer from the SEPM 14.3 RU2 upgrade.  That's 14.3 RU1 build 3589 which was the only option for mac when we upgraded SEPM to 14.3 RU2.  That stayed on RU1 for a while until RU2 for mac appeared one day.  The RU build 3589 installer has a pop up about needing to install Rosetta in order to run.  So that's the intell cpu installer.

How do I get SEP to actually install on an M1 mac?

• 2.  RE: Error on M1 install

Posted Sep 09, 2021 04:17 PM
    Try installing Rosetta first... There seems to be a bug in the install check from having the same issue I had an incident open for.

------------------------------
    Tom Napier
    Lead Analyst
    End-user Technology Group
    CBC/Radio-Canada
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Error on M1 install

Posted Sep 10, 2021 10:58 AM
    Yep, that worked.  Thanks.  I've got SEP on an M1 mac now.