Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  BugCheck 3B, SYMEFA64.SYS

Posted Dec 23, 2013 02:04 PM

I am running SEP 12.1.3 on Windows 7 64 bit client machines and some of my users are experiencing intermittant BSOD. Analysis of the dump file shows BugCheck 3B with "probably caused by" pointing at SYMEFA64.sys.

I have had a ticket opened for 2 months with suupport and have gotten no where so I thought I woudl turn to the communitity.

I have been running 12.1.3 (Manager and Clients) since around July of this year.  In October I started receiving notices of these PC Crashes.  I have ruled out an issue with windows updates as the timing of updates applied versus when this issue started happening does not line up.

Microsoft points that this sort of crashed has been linked to Graphic Drivers ( here).  For the group of PCs that have crashed some systems use ATI cards and some use NVidia cards.  So I believe it safe to rule any graphics issues.  

In looking at the release notes for 12.1.4 it does mention that if fixes some BugCheck crashes but not specifically 3B.

• 2.  RE: BugCheck 3B, SYMEFA64.SYS

Posted Dec 23, 2013 02:05 PM

latest version is 12.1.4 please upgrade and check.

I have seen simillar issues resolved after upgrading

• 3.  RE: BugCheck 3B, SYMEFA64.SYS

Posted Dec 23, 2013 02:06 PM

Try the latest, 12.1.4 to see what the result is.

If still the same, you need to work with support on it

• 4.  RE: BugCheck 3B, SYMEFA64.SYS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 23, 2013 02:07 PM

would you be able to install 12.1 ru4 and check?

whether the Symantec support team have said that the issue is fixed in RU4?

• 5.  RE: BugCheck 3B, SYMEFA64.SYS

Posted Mar 02, 2014 10:05 PM

Do you need more assistance with your problem or were you able to get it resolved?

If you could post an update for followers of this thread that would be most helpful.

Thanks and take care,
    Brian

• 6.  RE: BugCheck 3B, SYMEFA64.SYS

Posted May 28, 2014 01:50 PM

Confirmed.  12.1.4 resolves the issue.