Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

I want to shutdown/closed my SEPM server (VM) permanently and deployment new SEPM server on new Virtual Machine

• 1.  I want to shutdown/closed my SEPM server (VM) permanently and deployment new SEPM server on new Virtual Machine

Posted Jul 02, 2020 08:23 AM

Hi,

I want to shutdown/closed my SEPM server (VM) permanently and deployment new SEPM server on new Virtual Machine. I do not go to client PC for update and reconnect with new server.

Can I use same server IP and hostname in my new SEPM server or use different IP and Hostname?

Can I install update Symantec Endpoint installation version on my new SEPM Server?

My Current SEPM Server Symantec Endpoint installation version is 14.0.MP1) and I want to install update version is 14.2.2_MP1

Pls. give me answer with guideline with video link.

<gdiv></gdiv>

• 2.  RE: I want to shutdown/closed my SEPM server (VM) permanently and deployment new SEPM server on new Virtual Machine

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 02, 2020 01:56 PM
    Hi Qamrul, 

There are two way you can move you SEPM  to new machine. 

1. Move SEPM to new SEPM with different IP address & host name without breaking communication. 
    For this method you can follow this article. 
    https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article/155210/move-endpoint-protection-manager-to-anot.html#:~:text=Log%20in%20to%20the%20SEPM,authentication%2C%20and%20then%20click%20OK.

2. To use same SEPM server IP address & host name, you have to follow below steps.
    * Take database back up and server key back up from old SEPM. 
    * Disconnect or remove SEPM machine from network. 
    * Add new server machine and assign same IP address & host name (case sensitive).
    * Install same version of SEPM in new server as fresh installation. 
    * Restore database back up and server private key. 
    * Wait till the client report to the new server.
    * Then upgrade SEPM to 14.2.2_MP1.

------------------------------
    the_techie
    ------------------------------