Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEPM

Posted Jul 23, 2020 06:02 PM
    Good Morning All,

I'm looking for some help\advise to my problems please.

1.  I am running my SEPM (Version 14.2 RU2 MP1) on my Virtual DC (VMware)(Server 2016), I have 10 Cloned virtual PCs (Windows 10 Ent) I should point out these machines were cloned WITHOUT the SEP client installed on them. Also the virtual PC's have 2 vlans on each of them both have different gateways.
    This set up is in a lab environment with no connection to the corporate lan or the internet. 

On my SEP I go through the Client Deployment Wizard and i select the remote push option, select my PC, enter my logon details and i get an error..
    "The client could not be installed on the remote computer"
    I've carried out the prerequisites, Disable UAC, Enable and start Remote registry and switch off Windows Defender, still nothing.

2. So whilst not having any luck there i decided i would create an exe and install it on the PCs locally, this worked it even updated itself with the latest virus definitions i'd downloaded from broadcom and shows a nice healthy green tick as its status. Also if you go to the "Server Connection Status" page it shows that it is connected to the server, i must point out that i have also watched disconnect and then reconnect a number of times. and it reports an error "HTTP error 468"  BUT when it is connected there is no recognition that it is online in the SEPM.

Ok i think that covers, yes i agree theres a lot going on here but i so hope somebody can help me plesase, very new to using SEPM in a virtual environment, so please be gentle:) Any question please give me a shout.

O just one small thing what does RU & MP mean in this context  Version 14.2 RU2 MP1 

Thank you for your time.

------------------------------
    Paul

• 2.  RE: SEPM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 28, 2020 11:53 AM
    Hi Paul,
    Have you opened a Support Ticket on this?

John Owens
    Principal Product Support
    Symantec
    United States

• 3.  RE: SEPM

Posted Jul 28, 2020 11:57 AM

HI John,

I did indeed and it's been resolved, thanks very much

Paul Walters
    Software Engineer
    L3 MAPPS Limited
    SUBSIDIARY OF L3HARRIS TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
    +44 (0)1454 625800 ext 240 /
    L3Harris.com / Paul.Walters@L3Harris.com
    920 Hempton Court
    Park Avenue
    Aztec West
    Bristol
    BS32 4SR
    United Kingdom

Please consider the environment before printing this email message.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain material that is proprietary, confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected or restricted under applicable laws. Any review, disclosure, distributing or other use without expressed permission of the sender is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies without reading, printing, or saving.

L3 MAPPS Limited is a private company registered in England with the company number 05341813 whose registered office is at Unit 2 Clayton Manor, Victoria Gardens, Burgess Hill, West Sussex, UK. RH15 9NB.

For information on our Privacy & Cookie Policies, please visit our website: https://www2.l3t.com/mapps/en/privacy-policy-gdpr.html