Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Script to uninstall SEP Cloud agent?

Posted Dec 12, 2019 10:24 AM

We currently use SEP Small Business edition and we are having issues uninstalling the Symantec Cloud agent that is listed in the control panel. I am able to remove the main program using this Powershell command:

(Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_Product -Filter "Name='Symantec.cloud - Endpoint Protection'" -ComputerName . ).Uninstall()

I am trying to remove the leftover cloud agent using the following Powershell command:

(Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_Product -Filter "Name='Symantec.cloud - Cloud Agent'" -ComputerName . ).Uninstall()

When I run this command, it does not uninstall the Symantec Cloud agent and get the following:

__GENUS          : 2
    __CLASS          : __PARAMETERS
    __SUPERCLASS     :
    __DYNASTY        : __PARAMETERS
    __RELPATH        :
    __PROPERTY_COUNT : 1
    __DERIVATION     : {}
    __SERVER         :
    __NAMESPACE      :
    __PATH           :
    ReturnValue      : 1603
    PSComputerName   :

Return value should be 0 when it is cleanly uninstalled. Anyone have any ideas? I believe the agent can be removed from the SEP managed website however it involves going to each computer and installing it.

I have several computers I need to uninstall this software want and want to script it out into a GPO if possible.

• 2.  RE: Script to uninstall SEP Cloud agent?

Posted Dec 12, 2019 11:05 AM

1603 is rollback,check the evenviewer to get the reasons.

You can use cleanwipe to uninstall, use psexec to unistall

https://support.symantec.com/us/en/article.howto124983.html

https://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/script-cleanwipe-and-psexec

• 3.  RE: Script to uninstall SEP Cloud agent?

Posted Jul 31, 2020 04:36 PM
    Hi,

I removed the Symantec.cloud - Cloud Agent after disabling it from auto starting as a service.

I opened a command prompt as admin and ran both of the following commands. You only need the necessary command if only one of the services is running.
    These commands disable the services from automatically starting with the computer. If they are running, you receive the "ReturnValue : 1603" line when you run powershell to uninstall. You have to restart the system once the sc disable command is run unless there's another command that forces it to stop completely.

this command disables the Symantec.cloud - Cloud Agent service:  sc stop SsPaAdm
    this one disables the Symantec.cloud - Endpoint Protection service:  sc stop ssSpnAv

After running the sc stop commands and restarting the computer, the powershell uninstall command worked but the one for the cloud agent forced a restart (just so you know). It might be better to run the 'Endpoint Protection' one first. I haven't tried it again yet.

(Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_Product -Filter "Name='Symantec.cloud - Cloud Agent'" -ComputerName . ).Uninstall()

(Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_Product -Filter "Name='Symantec.cloud - Endpoint Protection'" -ComputerName . ).Uninstall()

• 4.  RE: Script to uninstall SEP Cloud agent?

Posted Jun 08, 2021 01:36 PM
    THANK YOU! Had endpoint cloud on a couple servers stuck in removal. All knowledge base articles pointed to clean wipe and NRT which didnt work at all. The powershell lines worked! THANK YOU!