Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Support case issues

Posted Mar 18, 2020 06:17 AM
    Hello. Sorry for posting this in "Endpoint Security" community, but I didn't really find anything more general.

Currently I have one open support request (case ID 31803286).

When support responds to me, I see their message in my email. But I can't find, where are those answers in the case itself :(
    So, currently, when I make my own responses - I open both support case (to write my answer) and my email (to read and quote support answer).

Am I missing something, or is it some kind of bug with broadcom support tickets/cases?

• 2.  RE: Support case issues

Posted Mar 22, 2020 11:33 PM
    Edited by Systems Team Mar 23, 2020 01:34 AM
    Hi Alexandrpaliy,

Same here.  Basically any case (and I've had a few open since the Broadcom switch) - they don't bother to enter anything into the case notes in the portal at all.  I've resorted to to adding my own case notes so I at least have a record of what is going on.

Emails have been extremely poor as well.  In most of my cases they don't maintain any of the email chain at all.  I'll get a singular email which has none of the previous communications in it, making it really hard to track anything (pretty much why I've started adding my own case notes in the portal).  Almost every email also has no signature line, so you have no idea who the engineer is working your case.  I've also received no surveys for closed cases - the only IT company I've ever dealt with that does not do this.

I also had one case I opened on 27/02/2020.  The engineer on this case (he actually maintained the email chain and gave me a signature line so I know who he was) closed the case and raised a new one for Customer Care.  Someone at Broadcom (don't know who) closed this new case without even asking me.  I sent them an email saying the case should not have been closed, and they should have at least contacted me before doing so.  So I had to open a third case myself - now onto my third case for this since issue 27th Feb and still pretty much zero action.

Planning on calling in soon and seeing if I can get an escalation.  You can try the "Raise Management Concern" button in the portal but it does nothing but give you a spinning wheel of death  :(

Steve

• 3.  RE: Support case issues

Posted Mar 31, 2020 12:33 PM
    Edited by alexandrpaliy Mar 31, 2020 12:33 PM
    Actually, this issue bothers me much more than I originally expected.
    Currently I have 2 open cases (31828736, 31826436), and it became pretty hard to remember, at what exact state are both of them, having in mind:
    1. Cases are pretty much about the same issue, but on different hosts
    2. I have plenty of other mails in my mailbox

At the moment I'm forced to use filters in my mail client just to clarify, what exactly I was told in both of those cases.

I see, that support guys added comments about the current state of a case, but it's still surprising to me, that their replies can be found only via email, and not in the case itself.