Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Possible Bug: SEP Mobile "44" code

Posted Sep 30, 2021 04:23 PM
    Hey all, 

I hopped into the ICDm, to Policies, and noticed I have a bunch of policies that should be Upgraded.  Anyone that's seen this knows what I mean.  

Every time I did the Upgrade This Policy link, saved and applied it, moments later I get a notice from SEP Mobile on my iPhone which only says "44" (without quotes).  This occurs each time I update/apply a policy.  

I assume this is just a developer code meant to trigger an actual plain text message for the end user, but, imagine this was being sent to 1000 SEP Mobile endpoints?  Just seems like it shouldn't be occurring at all, but, even so, in case this is a bug I wanted to report it.  The Windows endpoint computers do not pop anything up, it's just the SEP Mobile app for iPhone, for me is version 6.6.4 (2).  

• 2.  RE: Possible Bug: SEP Mobile "44" code
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 13, 2021 12:12 PM
    Hi,
    So this was a known issue with regards to when the policy gets applied to the device, and the channel notification you see on the iOS device (44, 45). This is slated to be fixed in mid November at the latest. You will see a "What's new notice" in ICDM upon the refresh indicating the ICDM platform has been updated.

Standard Disclaimer: All dates are subject to change

• 3.  RE: Possible Bug: SEP Mobile "44" code

Posted Oct 13, 2021 04:01 PM
    Cool!  Hey isn't there a $250,000 bug bounty regard for reporting stuff like this?  I'll split it with you!  ;)

Haha anyway thanks for the insights.