Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Querying SEPM Database

Posted Jul 22, 2020 02:52 PM
    Hi, team

We are currently working on coding a script to get automated reports from SEPM, this reports are the ones extracted in Reports > Network and Exploit Mitigation, in a lapse of one hour. I'm currently digging into the tables and views in SEPM DB but I cannot found the correct table or view to extract that information, do you have any idea? 

Regards,

• 2.  RE: Querying SEPM Database

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 22, 2020 03:03 PM
    Hi Bryan,

Have you reviewed our Schema Guide?

http://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/dam/broadcom/techdocs/symantec-security-software/endpoint-security-and-management/endpoint-protection/generated-pdfs/Database_Schema_Reference_SEP14.2.2_SEP14.3.zip

------------------------------
    John Owens
    Principal Product Support
    Symantec
    United StatesJohn Owens
    Symantec
    United States

• 3.  RE: Querying SEPM Database

Posted Jul 22, 2020 05:58 PM
    Edited by Bryan Arreola Jul 22, 2020 06:01 PM
    Well, now I have, but I seem to fail finding what I need. I don't know, maybe I don't need a single table but a few. This is an example of what we pull from SEPM->Network and Host Exploit Mitigation->Full Report->Past 24 hours.

• 4.  RE: Querying SEPM Database

Posted Jul 22, 2020 06:03 PM
      |   view attached
    Here's the attachment.

Attachment(s)

• 5.  RE: Querying SEPM Database

Posted Jul 23, 2020 08:49 AM
    Looking at my SEP SQL database, it looks like most of those fields in your CSV attachment can be found directly in the table(s) "AGENT_SECURITY_LOG_*"

• 6.  RE: Querying SEPM Database

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 23, 2020 01:13 PM
    You could also run a SQL trace. Then run the report in the SEPM.  You could then find the exact SQL Queries being run to produce the results in the SEPM.

John Owens
    Symantec
    United States

• 7.  RE: Querying SEPM Database

Posted Aug 17, 2020 04:06 PM
    I have done that, now I have the exact query, however, I see a few rows that are displayed with an ID, in the SEPM report I see them converted, for example, one of the OS TYPE value is 805961730, but in the report is shown as "Windows 10 Professional". How can I do the same programatically or by modifying the query?