Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Sonar Definitions out of date notification email

Posted May 17, 2022 09:29 AM

SEPM 14.3.7401.4000. I recently enabled the Notification email for the Sonar Definitions Out of Date condition.  It always states that all of our clients have out of date Sonar Definitions in the notification email, but this information appears incorrect to me.  If I go to the Clients tab and look at the Protection Technology view, I can see that most clients have the latest Sonar Definitions (05/16/2022 r21).  

Here is the first page of the notification email.  Focus on the Yellow Highlighted client as an example.

It says the Sonar Definition is 4/28/22 r11 , but in the Clients - Protection Technology view, it shows this:

• 2.  RE: Sonar Definitions out of date notification email

Posted May 19, 2022 02:45 PM
    Hola G Soja

tengo exactamente el mismo error en mi entorno.

• 3.  RE: Sonar Definitions out of date notification email

Posted May 19, 2022 03:08 PM
    Hola Joel,

Yo hablo/comprendo Espanol solamente un poco.     I created a support ticket, but the Broadcom Representative who called me was VERY hard to understand over the phone and he just wanted me to collect a lot of logs to send to him and to connect over Zoom.  I thought that was unnecessary because the screenshots were self-explanatory and I didn't want to spend any more time on it, so I told him to just report the bug to the developers and close the ticket for me.  I deleted the Notification because it was completely useless and I just scheduled/added a Report to email me Sonar Signature status's once a day instead, and it appears accurate.

• 4.  RE: Sonar Definitions out of date notification email

Posted May 20, 2022 01:40 AM
    Hi all,
    there is an issue in 14.3 RU4 where the SEPM shows outdated signature within SEPM console and if you look on the client, the SONAR definitions are up-to-date.
    The resolution of this is confirmed for 14.3 RU5. (Q2/22).

Workaround: Delete the client on console and let him re-register during next heartbeat.