Deployment Solution

View Only
  • 1.  Deploy Office 2010 wiht MAK key

Posted Feb 15, 2011 04:19 AM

Hello Guys,

i have a Problem deploying Office Professional Plus 2010 with MAK key. The installation works fine. The only problem i have is the auto activation.

I set the option <Setting Id="AUTO_ACTIVATE" Value="1" /> in the config.xml

My only problem is that i need internet connection during the installation for the activation. We have a proxy server in our enviroment and i dont know how i can enter the proxy adress in the setup/regisrty or something like this.

I have tryed to enter this keys during the installation with the Office Customization Tool

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]

"ProxyEnable"=dword:00000001
    "ProxyServer"="0.0.0.0:80"

But no effect. When i login with a user the proxy server is set it seems that there must be a user logged in?

Any ideas how i can enter the proxy server?

Best Regards

Moisi Dominik

• 2.  RE: Deploy Office 2010 wiht MAK key

Posted Feb 16, 2011 09:36 AM

Hello dominik,

I'm currently packaging Office 2010 MAK with the OCT (Office Customization Tool) that works fine.

The key is well registered and Office is auto-activated.

Here's what i've done :

1° go to the Office 2010 installation folder and run the setup in administrative mode :

\\server\share\Office2010\setup.exe /admin

2° the OCT opens and let you manage what you want to install (some screenshot to show you what i've done) :

For this part, originally there's no entry. I've added AUTO_ACTIVATE and set the value to 1. I've also added the HIDEUPDATEUI and set it to True but i didn't notice any difference...

Once every modification has been done, save your MSP where you want, keeping in mind that you will have to copy it in the "Updates" folder of the Office installation folder.

3° Once everything is OK, in my install batch i've wrote

"start /wait %source%\setup.exe /adminfile %source%\Updates\Custom.MSP"

Once the installation is done, the only problem i encounter is the first launch security message that i couldn't hide... but to answer your initial question; Office is auto-activated at all.

Hope it could help.

Yannick.

P.S. We also have a proxy server set by default for all users and i didn't had to care about during the setup or the config...

• 3.  RE: Deploy Office 2010 wiht MAK key

Posted Feb 18, 2011 05:44 AM

Thx for the awnser! 

How do you deploy your proxy setting with a gp?

Your problem with the first launch security message should be solved with a reg key. See the picture

HKCU Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\General ShownFirstRunOption 0x00000001

Best Regards

• 4.  RE: Deploy Office 2010 wiht MAK key

Posted Mar 04, 2011 07:44 AM

Thank you for your tip about first launch but i'm afraid it didn't work...

I edited my Custom.msp, adding the reg entry but it didn't change anything after install. :-(

Yes we deploy our proxy via GP.

Got a problem; when i deploy this install with my DS console, it reports me errors on my VM and once the installation is complete (when it works) i have to activate Office2010... but when i execute the same script from the user session, without any modifications, it works perfectly and i do not have to activate Office... strange isn't it?

Any idea?

Best regards.

• 5.  RE: Deploy Office 2010 wiht MAK key

Posted Apr 08, 2011 09:24 AM

I have done all my setup configuration, it's work good on the snapshot computer. But when I'm streaming it, it gone to the repair mode of office.

Have someone the same problem?

For bypass the problem of the first page, I have done this steps:

1. Reset the layer

2. Launch the application

3. Do the configuration (update, ... )

4. Get the actual profil configuration to the default user configuration

and it works, you don't receive anymore the first wizard configuration.

• 6.  RE: Deploy Office 2010 wiht MAK key

Posted May 18, 2011 05:44 PM

Hi all,

How to add USERNAME and COMPANYNAME into this msp.

Thanks,

Ramkumar.